Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Re: KK on this turn

bet/call. For sure.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think a lot of people are gonna say bet in this position but whats it gonna do?

[/ QUOTE ]
What betting often does...win you money.
Old 08-19-2005, 02:23 PM

I need to write something at some point about how downswings can effect you.

This hand isn't even close now that I look at it again.

I check. The spade falls, they check to me, I bet they fold.

So...I let them draw for free and missed value on the turn...results aside, the play sucks.

However, in the middle of this downswing that's perpetuating itself today, all I could think at the moment was "OH XXXX....here we go again!"

Don't be like me.....
Old 08-19-2005, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, in the middle of this downswing that's perpetuating itself today, all I could think at the moment was "OH XXXX....here we go again!"

Don't be like me.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the same way, but still make the bet. One decision at a time, you've got enough hands under your belt to know that it will even out.

-d
Old 08-19-2005, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Both villains are semei-loose and semi-aggressive

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds.

Turn: (9.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, Hero ?

[/ QUOTE ]

i would bet here. the people who are worried that their opponent hit their gutshot need to consider the possibility that the hands people have been calling with could easily NOT contain a 4 or a 9. everyone is scared of a 4 or a 9? why even play? i bet here and im betting again on almost any river card.

rj
Old 08-19-2005, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Don't be like me.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the same way, but still make the bet. One decision at a time, you've got enough hands under your belt to know that it will even out.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]

Right you are Dan! Thanks for the pep talk!
Old 08-19-2005, 03:26 PM

I really can't see doing anything else rather than betting. If you are behind you have a redraw to the 2nd nuts; also at this point I am not ready to give anyone credit for being ahead of us.

Lots of hands we beat will call. This is for value.
Old 08-19-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

... in the middle of this downswing that's perpetuating itself today, all I could think at the moment was "OH XXXX....here we go again!"

[/ QUOTE ]

fwfiw, july proved to be my worst month ever (out of 12 [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]). Isn't it interesting that even after we "prove" ourselves to be winning players, even after we acknowledge variance, even after we continuously give other posters comfort and solace when they are running bad... isn't it interesting that we all, it seems, still fall prey to the monster that rears up inside us and that says that we are and have been fooling ourselves all this time.

Cut to.....next day

Up 100 BBs. All is right with the world. The end. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

You, too, will smile again!
Old 08-19-2005, 04:13 PM

Welcome to me and 5/10. I hate that game for what it's done to my confidence.

-d
Old 08-19-2005, 04:42 PM

Edit: I erased what I wrote - hail to meep - poker prodigy