Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 02:49 PM

Default $1-$2 - two hands

($1-$2)

Two games from tonight. Wanted to know what you'd do. The plan on Hand 2 was to fold post-flop if the MP's stayed in and I missed a set, but I was really hoping they'd fold so I could bully Villain if he didn't cap.

Hand 1

HOLE CARDS A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
1 fold, Villain calls, 4 folds, Hero raises, 1 fold, Scoundrel calls, Villain raises, Hero calls, Scoundrel calls
FLOP 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (9.5 SB)
Scoundrel checks, Villain bets, Hero calls, Scoundrel calls
TURN 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6.25 BB)
Scoundrel checks, Villain bets, Hero folds

Hand 2

SB posts small blind
BB posts big blind
MP2 posts small blind
HOLE CARDS 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, MP1 calls, 1 fold, MP2 calls, 1 fold, Villain raises, Hero three-bets, SB folds, BB folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Villain calls
FLOP 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (9.5 SB)
Villain checks, Hero bets, Villain folds
Old 12-21-2005, 02:55 PM

Default Re: $1-$2 - two hands

Hand 1 I probably see a river but folding is ok since you dont close the action and scoundrel looks a little sneaky.

Hand 2 is standard, 3-bet to isolate and fire at the flop after he checks. Be happy he doesn't have an ace, I'm not really sure why you posted this one.

Steve
Old 12-21-2005, 02:57 PM

hand 1 is fine.

hand 2: any read on villian? Looks pretty good to me.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:58 PM

With hand 2 I guess I wasn't sure if 99 was enough to 3-bet. I would probably have folded 77 & lower. And been tempted to get more customers with a monster.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would probably have folded 77 & lower. And been tempted to get more customers with a monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this means you would have just called with a hand like AA or KK I wouldn't do that. Just 3-bet it. At these limits those two limpers may call two more with junk and you will have missed bets by just calling.

Also is it a leak if I would cold-call here with any pair? I am in position, two limpers are already in, obviously I would prefer some cold-callers before me but I would still make the call anyway.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:34 PM

I guess it's a leak if you will play on post-flop after missing your set with pocket deuces. I didn't think it was a big difference on the smaller PP, where they almost certainly won't hold out but maybe that's me mising out on capital. Anyone?
Old 12-21-2005, 04:41 PM

Hand 1. Fine.
Hand 2. Villian is very likely to have a premium hand after two callers are already in the pot.
3betting 99 OOP into three villians is not something I'd make a habit of.

I'd prefer to call and c/r a ragged flop or bet my set.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:58 PM

Hand 1: without a read that Villan only 3-bets AA/KK preflop and Scoundrel is sneaky, I probably see a river, here.

Hand 2: how'd MP2 post a small blind? Uh, I don't love a preflop 3-bet with 99 without a read that Villan is a nutbag or capable of trying to isolate from MP2. I think you got lucky against a better PP.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:43 PM

Hand 1: I raise this flop in position occasionally. Getting it heads up helps. I take a free card on the turn if I don't improve, as your opponent most likely has a pair since he bet into you, and you won't make him fold by continuing on the turn.

Hand 2: Perfect. The definition of why being aggressive works.