Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2005, 02:32 AM

Default You are soo money

Should we give a free card on the turn? What about the flop - is that played ok? If turn is a blank what do we do?
Villain is 34/3/.6 over 32 hands
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx
[ over 32 hands.b]Preflop:[/b] Hero is CO with 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB
Old 12-08-2005, 02:40 AM

Default Re: You are soo money

not much hope to get more money in there after you represented strength on flop... really didn't need to improve here to win the pot... i'd come out betting turn just as you did hoping he had a big enough piece of it on flop to check/call at least turn and maybe river
Old 12-08-2005, 04:48 PM

I'm probably letting this go on the flop. Pot is small, villian is not that agressive and there arent really any draws that he could be betting. Even if he just has an eight you are about dead. If that eight was a four, I'd like the raise since there are two pairs he could bet that you beat and he could also bet a lone two or five.

Hit your card on the turn. Now you are hoping he has an ace, where as on the flop you hoped he didnt. And apparently he didnt since he folded. No other choice but to bet here though.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:52 PM

pf is probably ok. i dont get the flop raise. i doubt we ahead or will get a better hand to fold. i would peel maybe just in case he is bluffing and fold to a turn/river bet depending on the player. If by slim chance we are ahead let him bluff. giving a free card on the turn would be absolutly horrible. what are you thinking with that question? bet/3bet that [censored]. bet any river.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:53 PM

At first I didn't like it, but then I realized it was HU vs the BB. Raising that flop is a little ballsy, but I hope you were planning on folding to a 3-bet.

You got lucky as hell on the turn, and probably got called a fish after this hand.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:16 PM

.6 postflop aggression factor? And he donks that flop? Maybe he's more wily than his numbers indicate (you do only have 32 hands, after all), but I'd probably fold the flop.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:35 PM

I hate it, I mean really hate it.

If the flop was K42 and you held your 55 sure, but A8x? That raise is stupid and you should have folded IMO.

Hope you notes he donks Ace high flop when CO raises preflop(Then peels turn after donking).
Old 12-08-2005, 05:37 PM

thanks for the comments.
Last night I was keeping an early NEW YEARS resolution to play tighter. Voila suddenly my raises were getting much more respect, too much so as often gamblers were not looking me up with my MP raises. I have been on a downswing so I tried my best to play ABC poker allnight and anyone watching the showdowns would have seen me win or lose with reasonable hands.
BTW he folded so as far is the table is concerned I likely had A high card.

Given my table image I guess when he bets into me in the flop after an ace boards I don't take it too seriously. It seemed like from his perspective he was trying to feel me out.
What I find difficult about this type of hand is how much information do you get from the flop round. After this flop I am either marginally ahead or way behind. I need to define his hand. Its quite possible he is sitting with QJo and called my preflop raise on that. He is going to put me on Ax as a starting hand so the flop raise is an attempt to confirm his suspisicions.
Now the dilema to this line is if he calls the flop raise and the turn is a blank do you fire another barrel hoping that he will fold and planning to check behind on the river if he doesn't?
I thought about giving a free card on the turn (I know he could beat me w/ a higher set or hit a backdoor flush draw)
but I figured given I had raised the flop (and played tight and aggressive all night) the free card would of been too transparent.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:47 PM

I usually fold after I miss a flop with a puny pair. I think your turn bet was correct, you just got unlucky that you represented strength early, and he apparently missed everything. Keep in mind, I suck, so my opinion isn't worth much.
Old 12-08-2005, 05:52 PM

I'd fold the flop [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]