Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2005, 03:38 AM

Default TT

MP has been passive postflop so far. Is my turn/river play correct? My 2 Ten outs are tainted and there are three overcards so i was hesitant to bet again on the turn.

Party Poker 0.50/1.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is CO with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.25 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Re: TT

I play it the same. MP would have to be a total moron for me to call the river.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:55 AM

if i have 1 or less overcards (and it's not the A) should i probably fire again on the turn? i always have a bit of trouble with overcards and how far to go.

also do you usually lay this down to flop agression?
Old 12-21-2005, 04:06 AM

turn check is good since we have outs to our straight and would hate a c/r. i also doubt you're getting both of them to fold after calling the flop bet. river is an easy fold i think with those overs and a fairly smallpot.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:09 AM

overs bother me the most when there's an Ace, one lone over that's not an Ace i tend to not fold against. Aces are just so popular at this level.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if i have 1 or less overcards (and it's not the A) should i probably fire again on the turn? i always have a bit of trouble with overcards and how far to go.

[/ QUOTE ]

That depends. The problem with this board is: What did they call with? I suppose one of them could have nothing but they both call you with nothing or a 5 after you're PFR and the flop comes AJ5r? I don't think so. I would be checking any non T turn here. The Q makes this even easier to check. It's another overcard and it gives you a gut shot. You really don't want to see a raise because then you have to fold most of the time, which really sucks when you could have seen the river for free here.

[ QUOTE ]
also do you usually lay this down to flop agression?

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty much unless there's some special reason to call like the guy betting donks every flop or something. This flop is really bad for you. If someone leads or you're cr'ed, just cut you're losses.
Old 12-21-2005, 04:57 AM

thanks.

concerning missed flops (not overcards) does the SSHE advice apply? i ask because Ace high many times is good SH but not in full ring.
Old 12-21-2005, 01:28 PM

sweeet hand!