Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2003, 01:52 PM

Default No limit or limit, that is the question

Hi all,

I was wondering which one is more profitable, no limit hold'em single table tournament or hold'em limit single table tournament.

All opinions welcome.

Thank you for your opinion.

Soh
Old 12-16-2003, 01:58 PM

Default Re: No limit or limit, that is the question

no-limit, no question.

the biggest reason is that if you are playing correct SNG strategy you will be playing extremely tight until three or four players are eliminated. in no-limit, this will happen faster, meaning you've given up less in blinds before you can actually start 'playing'.
Old 12-16-2003, 02:06 PM

Thank you for your response.

Actually that's what I was thinking too. With no limit, it's possible that a couple of people will get busted in the first round, while that almost never happens in limit.

But some experts believe that limit is more difficult than no-limit. If that's the case, do you think it's more profitable for good players to play limit, and bad players to play no limit?

By the way, I have little knowledge about no-limit game.

Soh
Old 12-16-2003, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But some experts believe that limit is more difficult than no-limit. If that's the case, do you think it's more profitable for good players to play limit, and bad players to play no limit?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a fallacy that just does not compute into $$$$. It may be somewhat true on ring games when buy in amounts can be replenished and then again [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] However, in a SNG format, this is particularly untrue. You are in a "freezeout" situation. You lose your original buy in...your done. In a NLHE game, betting is as much a skilled activity as card sense and even more emphasis is placed on playing situations rather than cards. In a limit situation you are not getting deep into the action until the later rounds when betting levels take you to a pot or even no limit scenario.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong...NAH.
Old 12-16-2003, 04:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I was wondering which one is more profitable, no limit hold'em single table tournament or hold'em limit single table tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

The expert normally has the biggest advantage at NL. The expert can grind out a small profit on most hands, while waiting for the perfect opportunity to take a whole stack. But I think the structure of Party SnG's reduces much of the advantage. With the rapidly increasing blinds, the expert doesn't have a lot of time to wait. The expert may have to call an "all-in" with only a 60% advanatge.

IMO, this makes Limit and NL about equal.