Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 09-18-2003, 10:12 AM
JayCo JayCo is offline
Senior Member

Default Potential Skillpoker.com anti-colluding tools

[ QUOTE ]
Based on this, couldn't you get friends at all 4 tables in each different seat and as such, know all the hole cards of every user every hand??

[/ QUOTE ]

Bingo.

This format could reward collusion an order of magnitude more than 2 players sitting at the same table IM'ing hole cards.

One key to dramatically reduce how easy colluding could potentially be is to change the sequence of the hands for each table/group. In other words, if the tourney is 100 hands long, table 1 could receive hole/board cards for hands 1,2,3, 4... while table 2 might receive cards from hand 10,20,30, and table 3 100,99, etc.

They could also shuffle the suits between tables to make it slightly more tricky to distinguish the hands at different tables from each other (e.g., if seat #1 will flop a KQ-high flush on hand #37, they could make it be in a different suit for each table).

They also could give each player the same hole cards more than once. (e.g., this prevents colluder #1 from telling colluder #2 definitively what the flop will be the next time colluder #2 has AJs in the hole).

With these and a few other defenses in place, it certainly would be HARDER, but still not impossible for colluders to get an edge.

The good news is that cheaters are essentially a lazy lot or mercenaries looking out only for their own bottom line. So making it annoying and complex while lowering the risk-reward ratio could go a long way in reducing collusion.

One other thought a little further out there- if this site is in US soil, is it possible that cheating/colluding could become a criminal / prosecutable offense for US players? In other words, could they boost the risk end of the risk-reward equation for cheating higher by creating the perception that you have more to lose than your playing privleges & bankroll ala a felony charge?

Old 09-19-2003, 07:55 AM
C M Burns C M Burns is offline
Senior Member

Default Re: Skillpoker.com Invites you to our launch

Skill poker does sound pretty hokey to me. first it seems that luck of the draw still plays a factor, maybe not your cards but your oponents, so just b/c you play your cards the same as someone at another table doesn't mean you'll make more money. And I was also wondering if it may not be theoretically beatable. I havn't worked this all out but say you and the 3 others in your "group" play all hands the same except for 1. on this hand you are 3-1 to make a hand but you don't have the pot odds so you fold, but your oponents all call. in the long run even though u did the corect thing if you always had aponents who did this would't you end up a loser?

Another funny thing is they have this story about an oline gambler who was arested. I guess its a scare story but it's about as mimor a penalty as you can get and it actually made me more confident in the legality of online poker. So the story is this guy in north dakota became a pro sports gambler, and reported this on his taxes etcc. It said that this type of "offshore" betting is legal under federal law but in ND it wasn't, when he found out he moved and got a slap on the rist from the state. SO they should have a corner on the ND market but as for the rest of the us maybe not. So online poker is legal under federal law and cirtainly ok in one of the several states where poker is legal.
Old 09-19-2003, 08:38 AM
cmwings cmwings is offline
Member

jumpthru, It's a long story. Some of it explained in my old posts here. Read my correspondence w/thepokerclub's Patricia Murphy...she state's the URL is hers, LMAO! PKER-management's "vigorous pursuit"is now pending, some 9 months later and after already losing a domain-abritration, in the British Columbia court.THEY WILL LOSE! Why did a legitimate outfit such as microgaming cease using PKER's software to use another...and...immediately begin using the URL? Answer: PKER-management are flakes, the owners of the "poker.com" URL are not.

Another question...the PKER-shareholders used to be the beneficiary of "thepokerclub"s earnings (at least on paper cause Antico never paid), now the shareholders are not. Whether skillpoker has merit or not...why aren't the PKER-shareholders the beneficiary of BOTH???!!!

And issuance of the skillpoker press release was to
stock-investors...not to poker-players! Has anyone seen a skillpoker advertisement in a POKER-forum? Answer: PKER-management must not be focusing on players but their focus in on investors! Print shares and sell them to yaps.

cmwings/mrducks
Old 09-19-2003, 10:37 AM
wdbaker wdbaker is offline
Senior Member

Location: Denver, Co
Default Re: Skillpoker.com Invites you to our launch Part II

[ QUOTE ]

Subject: Join SkillPoker.com's Bonus Multilevel Tournaments at 10pm EST Tonight!
To: info@skillpoker.com
From: info@skillpoker.com
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 16:59 -0700

Welcome to SkillPoker.com (TM) – North America's only Legal online poker site!

As many of you are aware, we have launched SkillPoker in its final testing stage and are offering a number of cash prizes to tournament winners.

We are hosting the first of the free entry Bonus Round multilevel tournaments this evening at 10PM Eastern Standard Time / 7 PM Pacific Standard Time where the final two players in each tournament will compete for their share of the pot! The tournaments will consist of knock out rounds starting with four four player tables!

We invite all of our players to join us for a chance at a seat in Bonus Round tournaments starting at 10PM Eastern Standard Time / 7 PM Pacific Standard Time.

Here are a few things to remember :

1) Tournaments start when the minimum number of players are registered - typically 8 players for general tournaments.

2) All tournament winners will receive cash prizes in the real money accounts for tournaments won during the testing period.

3) We urge you to read the SkillPoker rules prior to playing. This will enhance your understanding of the game.

Thank you for playing at SkillPoker.com and stay tuned for more promotions and news on SkillPoker.com

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the second e-mail I got, I tried to sign up for the tournament but the sight is a little confusing to me as far as the tournament stuff but I think it was free, who the heck knows, just keeping you informed.