Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 09-17-2003, 03:37 AM

Default Skillpoker.com Invites you to our launch

All,
I just got this in my e-mail, what do you think, sounds like more hocus pokus to me [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
Subject: Skillpoker.com Invites you to our launch
To: wdbaker
From: info@skillpoker.com Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 23:21 -0700

Dear Players,

Thank you for supporting the SkillPoker.com (TM) community over the past few months.

I would like to invite you to our launch tomorrow at 12PM EST or 9AM PST where we unveil North America's Only Legal Online Poker site.

We will be offering cash prizes for both fixed hand and multilevel knock out tournaments for a short period of time before launching the real money pay for play patent pending SkillPoker system.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further information and we hope you will visit our new website, http://www.skillpoker.com for news and the full explanation of the SkillPoker system.

Sincerely,
SkillPoker.com Inc.

Mark Glusing
President
info@skillpoker.com

SkillPoker.com Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of LegalPlay Entertainment Inc. a public company trading under symbol PKER.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-17-2003, 04:01 AM

Default Re: Skillpoker.com Invites you to our launch

i wonder how many fish will be attracted to play at a site where they are led to believe that there is no luck involved? i still marvel at some of my less educated friends who refuse to believe there is skill in this game.

not to mention, the lack of deposit bonus (or at least a clearly advertised one) is likely to leave them with a lot of trouble building a user base.

by the way, i hope you all realize this is just legal mumbo-jumbo and the site will have no more or less luck involved than any other. either way, i predict a quick demise for the site if they do not make a fish feel more welcome.
Old 09-17-2003, 05:08 AM

Their stock is at 15 cents, and I get the feeling it belongs there. If they have an American gaming commission license instead of the standard Kahnawake, they're required to demand your SSN# as soon as you win your first $500. Then they submit a full report on you to the IRS.

Yeah, sign me up...lol.

Old 09-17-2003, 02:07 PM

Default It\'s Duplicate Hold \'em

From the SkillPoker website:
[ QUOTE ]
You are dealt cards at your table in the normal way and you start playing Poker and betting in the normal way. The players at the other 4 tables get the identical hands as dealt at your table. Therefore, seat No 1 at the 2nd table, 3rd table and 4th table get the same cards as you do. The objective is therefore to play better than them and this is achieved by winning the most money compared to all the other players in seat No 1 at the other tables. You are not competing with players at your table, you are competing with the players in Seat No 1 at all the other tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm... uhhh... can you spell IM?
Old 09-17-2003, 02:13 PM

Default Re: It\'s Duplicate Hold \'em

Good lord this is gonna work out badly [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2003, 02:17 PM

Default Re: It\'s Duplicate Hold \'em

[ QUOTE ]

Ummm... uhhh... can you spell IM?

[/ QUOTE ]

SkillPoker development costs: 000s of investor dollars.
Advertising cost of hyping revolutionary skill-based poker: more 000s of investor dollars.
17 seconds of thinking by Terry to debunk: Priceless

I can't see why the stock is at 15 cents.

Old 09-17-2003, 03:24 PM

"You are dealt cards at your table in the normal way and you start playing Poker and betting in the normal way. The players at the other 4 tables get the identical hands as dealt at your table."

Hmmm, it sounds like this approach has just opened new and untested opportunities for collusion. My buddies in the same position at other tables play their hands really badly to make me look good and win. I wonder how many other collusion opportunities the new game rules opens?

Even if there isn't collusion, my results are still the result of my luck in getting seated against players that play worse than me.

Skill? IMO the skill is in the management of this company. They have run their stock price up from a year low of $0.01 to a yearly high of $0.25. Now that is definitely skillful [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2003, 05:04 PM

Default skillpoker ties to \"thepokerclub\"...

Actually Frozen, the stock should be at .000000015! You people be careful out there at skillpoker or thepokerclub...the operators don't know dickk about poker, only investment scheming.

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/new...e=htx\http2_mw

signed by: Michael Jackson

http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/new...e=htx\http2_mw

signed by: Mark Glusing

Any real hijacking was of Michael Jackson's Antico Holding's thepokerclub's debt of approx. $1,000,000 due the PKER-shareholders.

cmwings/mrducks
Old 09-17-2003, 06:41 PM

Default I don\'t see how these press releases show investment schmeing n/m

Old 09-17-2003, 06:50 PM

by the way, i hope you all realize this is just legal mumbo-jumbo and the site will have no more or less luck involved than any other.

Actually, if you read the way the game works, there is less luck in the sense that you're not dependant on the fall of the cards. There is still luck in that your results will in large part be based on the table you draw. If you're at a difficult table, you're screwed, pretty much.