Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-25-2005, 10:41 AM

Default 87s

At what point do I lay this down or do I continue with it all the way?
Both villains were Lags but not to the point where their absolute maniacs either.

Ultimate Bet 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (14 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, CO folds, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (14.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, SB folds, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, Hero folds, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 37.50 BB
Old 12-25-2005, 11:01 AM

Default Re: 87s

Firstly, I think that final pot size is wrong. By my count the pot had 27.5BB when you were faced with having to call 2 more bets for the turn cap.

It looks to me as though both UTG+1 and MP1 had a J. The question seems to be, whether one of them had KJ for the boat.

I think that I would have been tempted to call the turn cap to see if I made a flush, receiving the pot odds of about 14 to 1.

I realise that your implied odds were less than 14:1, because even if you made your flush, you could still lose to a full house or perhaps a higher flush.

But I think that I would still have called the turn cap.
Old 12-25-2005, 11:22 AM

I fold to the 3 bet on the turn here. Even if you hit your flush, there is likely a higher one out there. With the board paired you could already be drawing dead.
Old 12-25-2005, 02:35 PM

I don't see any way you can call 2 cold on the flop when it gets back to you. You may be up against 3 jacks and a higher flush draw. Cut your losses.
Old 12-25-2005, 04:44 PM

Call, this is a monster pot at this point plus at the time you had a pretty damn good draw.
Old 12-25-2005, 05:47 PM

Wow. Nice table. Crap hand.

Ok, here's the thing. You're either up against at least one hand that contains: a better flush draw; a high PP; or trip jacks. The high PP is the only one of those that has fewer outs than you do to make a hand that beats yours, if you make yours, and a couple of them are already made. So, your pot equity is for crap, and it's going to cost you a lot of money to showdown the third or fourth best hand.

Fold to the flop 3-bet.
Old 12-25-2005, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop- anyone else?
Old 12-25-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop- anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's likely to be 7-handed and you're going to lay down a suited connector for one bet? Are you laying down with 4 limpers in the SB? What about with 5 limpers in CO? (I know, not exactly the same, but close enough.)
Old 12-25-2005, 06:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop- anyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's likely to be 7-handed and you're going to lay down a suited connector for one bet? Are you laying down with 4 limpers in the SB? What about with 5 limpers in CO? (I know, not exactly the same, but close enough.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny you mention that, as I was replying I'm completing the SB with 5 limpers on 56s. I glanced and correct me if I'm worng but it's two bets to go right? I didn't take note of the fact you're looking at playing 7 handed. But still cold calling 2 bets with many players left to LRR just doesn't seem like you're getting a lot of equity out of this hand. With this instance the flop is about as good as it gets and you're seeing some of the same problems you would if it were all clubs. I'm not at my home computer so I can't check my stats on 78s but they're probably not very pertinent since for me it falls into the "garbage in = garbage out" category. I'll play it late position and for 1 bet with some limpers or when the moon is shining just right and I'm guessing I lose money on the deal.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But still cold calling 2 bets with many players left to LRR just doesn't seem like you're getting a lot of equity out of this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

You probably misread the hand. I am in the BB, was 1 bet to me and I was getting huge pot odds.