Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2005, 02:06 AM

Default Baby flush c/r on flop

villain is 31/22 3.8 aggro and 27% wtsd after 44 hands, so because of small sample size, those stats dont mean much. Should I raise on the turn? Value bet river? Standard?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em (NL$100) <font color="#0000FF">(6 handed)</font> link

CO ($40.56)
Hero ($169.44)
SB ($90.50)
BB ($128.25)
UTG ($253.95)
MP ($72.05)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2.00</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls $2.00, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, BB calls $1.00.

Flop: ($6.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5.00</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $15.00</font>, UTG folds, Hero calls $10.00.

Turn: ($36.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $20.00</font>, Hero calls $20.00.

River: ($76.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $76.50.

How did I play this hand? What would Jesus do?
Old 12-20-2005, 02:11 AM

Default Re: Baby flush c/r on flop

I don't like it because his most likely holding is a set or pair + flush draw (A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T or A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K). Get it all-in on the flop or push the turn.

Edit: I noticed the stacks are fairly deep. It will be hard to get it all-in against a set on the flop, so I make it $45-50 on the flop and push a non/club non board pairing turn.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:14 AM

PF-- I don't like to play this hand if its HU. Lower stakes thatis.

Flop - goot
Turn - perhaps I'm beinga nit but $25 here seems much better than $ 20.

River - agreed.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:15 AM

Reread it, I call turn I dont lead.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like it because his most likely holding is a set or pair + flush draw (A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T or A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K). Get it all-in on the flop or push the turn.

Edit: I noticed the stacks are fairly deep. It will be hard to get it all-in against a set on the flop, so I make it $45-50 on the flop and push a non/club non board pairing turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet $120 on the turn? That seems ridic. I can see better arugment for making it $60 to go on the flop to push the turn. If this is what you were suggesting [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2005, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet $120 on the turn? That seems ridic. I can see better arugment for making it $60 to go on the flop to push the turn. If this is what you were suggesting [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why cant I be up against a better flush here? If I 3bet the flop am I folding to a push? Whats wrong with taking my line and then raising the turn (instead of freezing and calling)
Old 12-20-2005, 02:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Why cant I be up against a better flush here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you can, but it's unlikey. The only reasonable hands he is raising utg are AQs, AJs, QJs. I think you can get TT,KK or pair+ flush draw to call an all-in or a big reraise on the flop.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Bet $120 on the turn? That seems ridic. I can see better arugment for making it $60 to go on the flop to push the turn. If this is what you were suggesting

[/ QUOTE ]

Players don't utilize the overbet often enough in these spots. My first choice is to get it all-in on the flop, second being all-in on the turn. I prefer the flop since quite a few turn cards either 1) kill our action or 2) let a worst hand catch up.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:28 AM

While I am no genius at poker, the texture here is important. Of the 5 broadway clubs, 2 are out. Thats important to remember here. I personally 3 bet that flop and then fold if he pushes back hard. No villian will push to a 3 bet with a set here, and I doubt many will with just that draw. If villain just calls the flop, my hope dreams and stack go in on a blank turn. BB put in a healthy raise here, either its a set or a flush. 3 betting will most likely lead to the answer. If you call there I think you need to find out where you are on the turn.
Old 12-20-2005, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Why cant I be up against a better flush here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure you can, but it's unlikey. The only reasonable hands he is raising utg are AQs, AJs, QJs. I think you can get TT,KK or pair+ flush draw to call an all-in or a big reraise on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

UTG raised, and BB (villain) called preflop. He then went for a c/r against the likely c-bettor, UTG who shut down. He c/r me instead. BB is not PFR.