Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-10-2005, 09:55 PM

Default Re: Yet another stats post

[ QUOTE ]
what should it be?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on limit really. 40% is good as you move up, it should approach the lower 30's.

[ QUOTE ]
i see 4 pics by the way, but they look to be different stats lol.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see the first two now.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:59 PM

True JBA lol.

I said to you on AIM hemstock, from the last paragraph in the first post here it sounds like someone said "play more hands, Raise more" so you went and raised more trying to get your PT stats to look all pretty and "perfect".

Rather than adjusting to the game your in and raising less with marginal hands or raising more with weaker hands due to the players your against.

I think "Perfect" stats don't exsist and i think having stats analysed here can often lead to players attempting to change things because their VPIP isn't 1% higher or their WTSD is .0003 off from what it should be because BoBWhoLikePTStats told them its optimal.

At the end of the day, if your an awesome post flop player you shall stand a better chance playing at 40VPIP vs a newbie with the same VPIP.

If you dont like marginal situations then dont try adjusting your VPIP to what this forum thinks is optimal. Infact arn't these "Optimal" numbers changing every month...?

Just my 2cents.

Single table for a week, Move down if you lack confidance, Focus on one table and make notes on everything you possibly can. You can always delete worthless notes later... But you can never recall stats you didn't want to note.Re-read some books and some posts here, Analyse your last 200 losing hands. Go through twice on every losing hand you had checking potodds and the calls, put players on their hands and check your equity in PT also. Dont neglect winning hands, you may of mad bad calls which may turn -EV the next 100times causing big losses. Check these too! You're probably making errors in the winning hands such as value bets, Equity raises etc so check them.

Then send me your last 500 hands of this downswing(Or just all the losing hands), Ill take a look and give you my opinion mate. I'd want the same help when i hit a 200BB downswing.

Good luck mate.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what should it be?

i see 4 pics by the way, but they look to be different stats lol.

my .5/1 over 5k is around 45%... Seems high but i dunno.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, my folded to river bet is 33% at 5/10. As you and I have discussed though, that is probably too low. I think somewhere between 35 and 40 is probably a good amount.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:55 PM

Hey Hemstock,

You've gotten good advice in this thread. Stick to your guns - play solid, and check your game for leaks assiduously...there's not much else to be done. Check out Krishanleong's "Stats post" thread that's on the front page right now, it's got alot of good info.

Shorthanded limit HE has insane variance. I personally have broken even for 30-40k hands, and better players than me have had bigger downswings. It's the nature of the beast, and you'll just have to get used to it - develop a thick skin, you're playing solid poker and it will turn around.

Also, stats posts aren't particularly useful... you have a couple holes that posters helped you with, but according to the FAQ we recommend 20k+ hands so the sample size has a little more validity...but be assured that you will never know your true winrate, and it takes literally 100k+ hands to be sure you are a long-term winner.

GL,

Surf