Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 07:00 PM

Default Omaha is funnnnnnn

Ok, so i've been an aggressive bastard, and i'm chipleader by a lot. I have 17k, next stack is 9k. I'm raising 3 pots per orbit preflop, and following them all up w/ a pot sized bet, a few hands ago i got kinda lucky when my top pair + overs + OESD + Backdoor flush, got put up against a hand that had the same OESD, and an overpair, whoops. Yea so i spiked the backdoor flush, and i'm sure the table thinks i'm wacko.

Is this an insta-call (well, push). I don't know Omahah that well and it looked like JT or 9T or more would have done this.. but if i'm behind, i'm drawing pretty dammn slim.

PokerStars (7 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of 75.
UTG calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB (poster) completes, Hero checks.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets pot</font>, UTG folds, MP1 folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises pot ( this is half his stack) </font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero? (putting him allin and losing would leave me around 10k, winning would be like 25k)
Old 11-29-2005, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Omaha is funnnnnnn

Pot was t5400 and it was t2700 for you to call. (think that is right)

possible hands for villian- AJQx, TKxx, KKxx. With him repotting i would suspect the last two not having any info on him. have any stats on this guy? have any reads on him, fish/solid?
Old 11-29-2005, 07:14 PM

Disclaimer: I'm really bad at PLO tournaments. I think you're splitting at best, but most likely you're behind. For what it's worth, I usually check that flop (but like I said, I'm a bad PLO tournament player). Even with your crazy image, I don't often see players making these kinds of reraises without a big hand or a big draw (which doesn't apply on this paired board).
Old 11-29-2005, 07:14 PM

no reads, no nothing. Just know that he limped behind 3 people
Old 11-29-2005, 07:17 PM

You've got 3 outs or 1 out.. I think, although I rarely play Omaha with people who know how to play Omaha.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:21 PM

so, no one thinks he does this w/ just a T?
Old 11-29-2005, 07:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so, no one thinks he does this w/ just a T?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Possible hands for villian- AJQx, TKxx, KKxx.

[/ QUOTE ]

???

What's the buy-in for this tournament, and how deep are you into it?

Do you really think this guy would put in a pot-sized raise from the button on the flop with KK or KT?

Yes, I think someone raises the pot from the button with just a ten (especially with Ace-Ten), and a strong draw is not out of the question ... perhaps a QJ to go with his T.

I push. Absent any real reads, I just don't figure KK or KT to make that play.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:38 PM

this is a $20 tournament, small field, approaching the tiny bubble.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:45 PM

My gut says this looks more like QJ with either a K or a T. Hard to put him on KK or KT, I think he calls your bet there instead of a raise, given how aggressive you've been at the table.

Important to note that if he does have QJ, he's actually only drawing to a 9, since you have an A. I probably push here, I think you're going to see a similar T a lot of the time.