Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 12:55 PM

Default $500 event, stuck in bad spot with short stack.

Hi guys, help out a cash game player please.

191 entries, 18 paid. We are at about 33 players.

1k/2k blinds, 300 ante. I'm BB with about 9500 after I post blinds.

Co probably has around 20k, old guy 35k.

CO is only weak player at table, Button is old, aggressive guy. Seems to be decent.

last orbit CO limped, Button limped. Flop KJx check check. Turn Ace check, 3k bet from old guy, CO min check raises, button insta mucks.

These were only 2 hands that saw a free flop at this table.

CO open limps, button limps, sb out, I check with K4.

Flop 89Q rainbow. checked around. Turn K. I check planning on evaluating, probably only giving action to Button since he will bluff/semibluff, though I hate my hate given this board.

CO checks, Button bets 5k. Do I just fold here given that I am probably behind? I'm not worried that he is trapping, Mostly worried about k9, Kj, K10 hands. I also think he fires here with Aj, At, A9 hands, and maybe some air once its checked to him twice.

Is CR all in correct here, or fold my little stack?

Pot is now 14.7k.

Old 11-21-2005, 01:30 PM

Default Re: $500 event, stuck in bad spot with short stack.

I'd have pushed PF. You're in the danger zone. Just picking up the limps would be great.
I would have pushed the flop but that's not as bad as then turn play. As it was, not betting the turn is awful. There's no may you can fold here so you were correct in pushing.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:32 PM

Dangerous board, but with your stack, I push the turn. Once you check, I would checkraise allin.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dangerous board, but with your stack, I push the turn. Once you check, I would checkraise allin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shoulnd't cr all in be superior to pushing turn?
Old 11-21-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd have pushed PF. You're in the danger zone. Just picking up the limps would be great.
I would have pushed the flop but that's not as bad as then turn play. As it was, not betting the turn is awful. There's no may you can fold here so you were correct in pushing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do I really want to push PF when my fold equity is very low going through these two players?

Also quite possible they both call and check it down.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His stack is a lot less than the pot. I would just try to win the hand. No one is going to fold to a tiny checkraise.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

His stack is a lot less than the pot. I would just try to win the hand. No one is going to fold to a tiny checkraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to get him to fold to the cr.

My reasoning is that no way are these guys are folding a hand that beats K4 if I push the turn. So cr all in vs especially the old guy who will bet hands I possibly beat increase my win when ahead, same result when behind.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to get him to fold to the cr.

My reasoning is that no way are these guys are folding a hand that beats K4 if I push the turn. So cr all in vs especially the old guy who will bet hands I possibly beat increase my win when ahead, same result when behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe, but I don't know if it is worth it. There is 15K in the pot and you have 9K. You may not be able to checkraise, as a bet may take you allin. The checkraise will be tiny and will be called. On that board, he probably has a pair and/or a gutshot and maybe an ace, so he has outs. I don't know if it is worth trying to get more money in.