Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 01:12 AM

Default Re: OT: I\'m taking a break... but you could make money from it.

This is the benefit of just taking 12 hours, and already having an A+ wrapped up in one of my four classes.
Old 11-18-2005, 03:13 AM

Default Re: OT: I\'m taking a break... but you could make money from it.

[ QUOTE ]
I am going to have to stop playing in law school, but that is going to be really hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, you won't.

First, law school isn't that intellectually difficult. Mostly its just a huge amount of material that you have to plow through. While I had some trouble with several different classes in undergrad (notably statics and organic chemistry), I don't recall ever having trouble with a law class.

Second, your entire grade for a law school class is based only on your final exam. Except for moot court or papers that you write for certain seminar-type classes during your 2L and 3L years, that leaves plenty of screw-off time during the semester.

Third, as with most graduate-level classes, the material you study in class typically has more to do with the instructor's area of expertise or personal interest that it does with the final exam. My con law class, for instance, met 3 times a week for 14 weeks. A friend of mine attended 7 times (not even 15%) and got the same B+ that I got after religious attendance. Read the book, outline the cases, and you'll be fine for the final.

The whole phase "law school" is just scary, in much the same way that "college" is intimidating to high school seniors. After a few weeks, you'll see that it isn't all that. Your results may vary, but I attended a top-20 school, consumed more alcohol in law school that I did in undergrad, and graduated in the top third of my class.

Good luck on your application process.