Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 11:07 PM

Default OT: I\'m taking a break... but you could make money from it.

I play too much poker. It takes up an absurd amount of time and on top of that, lately my play has been really sloppy. All-in-all, I think it's time for me to take a break.

My last final (ever) is Dec. 7th at 8 a.m. I'm vowing not to play another hand of poker until then. So here's where you all come in.

If you catch me playing online poker in any form between now and the 7th after my exam, come to my table, say "Wiggs, I caught you", and I'll send you $50 on whichever site you catch me on. I play on Party, Stars, and to a lesser degree, Pokerroom.com. My name on each of those is wiggs73.

I hope this doesn't cause me to go broke.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:38 PM

Default Re: OT: I\'m taking a break... but you could make money from it.

ah college?

im doing the same thing. i just had to drive to the library and study because i cant do it at home....the computer is too tempting. but alas, i am back at home [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-17-2005, 11:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ah college?

im doing the same thing. i just had to drive to the library and study because i cant do it at home....the computer is too tempting. but alas, i am back at home [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep, college. Though the break is less to study and more to just do things that aren't poker.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:43 PM

What tables do you play?
Old 11-17-2005, 11:44 PM

haha, i know exactly how you feel. playing poker on a tight schedule sucks man. especially if you take a few beats and don't have time to make a comeback. i kinda fixed that problem by moving down two limits while im at school. makes it so im less committed to it.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What tables do you play?

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty wide mix. tournaments up to $55 and ring games up to NL200. although depending on the day, you can find me in $3 tournaments or NL25. Just use the "search for player" when you log onto those sites. I won't be there though. I hope.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:52 PM

Between my 20 page thesis, 15 page internship report and few joke classes interspersed, I should be doing the same thing. I am graduating this semester, my GPA is pretty intact, and my law school applications are out...so I am going to keep on playing.

Poker is also distracting because I keep finding myself replaying hands in my head while I should be listening to a lecture. I am going to have to stop playing in law school, but that is going to be really hard.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:53 PM

theres things to do that arent poker?
Old 11-18-2005, 12:38 AM

You think that's bad. I take my laptop to lectures and play. Damn wirless network and long battery life! You'll be the death of me.
Old 11-18-2005, 01:07 AM

lol. some girl in front of mein a lecture was on Pstars. when i looked over to see what she was playing, saw that it was play money, i laughed and told my friend she was a donk. she then turned around and stared at me [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]