Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-16-2005, 10:03 PM

Default Absolute Rakeback

Hey guys,

My fiancee currently plays on Party skins, and is basically a break even player, and uses her rakeback money for spending money.

I hear tonight Absolute is going to be offering 6 tables. So I think she should switch there.

We use the same computer. I was able to use IGM-Pay with Empire/Euro. But Absolute doesn't allow any of this.

What kind of process does Absolute go through when they 'lock' down accounts? You send ID? They just send your money back and say, no thanks?

I was thinking I might deposit using an electronic check, or maybe my firepay account.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:15 AM

Default Re: Absolute Rakeback

if she's break even at party, she'll be a loser at absolute. The games there are pretty bad.
Old 11-17-2005, 07:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
if she's break even at party, she'll be a loser at absolute. The games there are pretty bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Party skins are not the same as Party, but I agree that Absolute games are pretty bad most of the time.

To the OP, get a neteller account. Absolute hasn't ever asked me anything beyond that.
Old 11-17-2005, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
seriously? ive found there to be some deleciously juicy games (i assume by bad u mean they play good).
Old 11-17-2005, 12:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
seriously? ive found there to be some deleciously juicy games (i assume by bad u mean they play good).

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on when you play and how many games and how much time you want to spend on table selection. If you just sit down into a random 2/4 or 3/6 game, especially while it's daylight, you'll very likely be in a bad game.

The low-limit short games are inhabited by about a dozen regulars, of which about eight play very well in my opinion.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hear tonight Absolute is going to be offering 6 tables

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you hear this? Link?

I'm playing alot of absolute 2/4 & 3/6 right now and the only hitch I see would be that the player base isn't large enough to easily support 6 tabling at a given limit right now. Even at night, 6-8 tables of 2/4 & 1-3 of 3/6 is usually all you'll find.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ive found there to be some deleciously juicy games

[/ QUOTE ]

Iv'e seen this too, but not in the usual 'loose passive' sense that is typical of the ideal Party Poker table.

Most of the "juicy" games Iv'e seen are bonus whoring, TAG'y, rock gardens. But there is a good % of TAGs who absolutely suck post flop.

For example; seeing a 12 - VPIP, 8 - PFR player turn into an illogical maniac to steal/defend blinds is common at absolute.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Most of the "juicy" games Iv'e seen are bonus whoring, TAG'y, rock gardens. But there is a good % of TAGs who absolutely suck post flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously there is some money to be made off such players.

But it stands to reason that a bad postflop player who sees 20% of flops is going to lose a lot less money postflop than an equally bad postflop player who sees 60% of flops. The loose player has three times as many chances to mess up. That's one important reason beginners are counseled to play tight. Fewer chances to make expensive mistakes postflop.

Weak-tight games are never going to be as good as loose/passive limpfests.

Note I'm not discussing shorthanded games.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on when you play and how many games and how much time you want to spend on table selection. If you just sit down into a random 2/4 or 3/6 game, especially while it's daylight, you'll very likely be in a bad game.

The low-limit short games are inhabited by about a dozen regulars, of which about eight play very well in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]
I will take that as a compliment, i have an 80% chance of being a good player.......
Old 11-18-2005, 01:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...i have an 80% chance of being a good player.......

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually sir, you only have a 66.667% chance of being a good player.

Do you see why?