Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2005, 11:45 PM

Default Re: How often is he full of [censored]?

[ QUOTE ]

Would checking behind on the turn and calling a normal bet on the river be bad? I give him a free shot at a club if he's drawing, but then he might bluff at it if he misses it, atleast i give him a chancee to do something stupid and it probably won't cost me everythign if i'm wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

While it would be hard for my aggressive nature to take this line in practice, I'm liking it the more I think about it. It has the benefit of keeping the pot small which makes your decisions easier, and potentially getting to a cheap showdown to get see how Villian plays this hand. I don't think TPWK is a good enough hand to try and protect with a big turn bet here.

Some thoughts on the donk-push river. Obviously with Villians hand this is a huge mistake. He's only going to get called by hands that beat him (oops!), unless he puts you on a weak hand and knows that you'll overthink his push and call with a weak holding (which, gently put, is what I think happened here). The more likely line that the Villian was taking was a weak/tight line. Villian probably put you on a flush draw and expected you to bet it the entire way planning to get his chips in when he "was sure" the flush wasn't coming. I've seen this type of play before. It's horrible, the line of thinking is horrible, but it's something that should be considered in addition to the "missed draw I'll steal the pot" line.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:07 AM

Same kind of donkey bet at the end, this time i showed weakness though... what you guys think?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

MP3 (t14075)
CO (t18930)
Button (t7850)
SB (t12190)
Hero (t18500)
UTG (t8426)
UTG+1 (t18745)
MP1 (t7517)
MP2 (t8422)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP2 calls t200, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (t700) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t800</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t2000</font>, MP2 folds, SB calls t1200.

Turn: (t4700) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (t4700) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t9965 (All-In)</font>, Hero?
Old 11-15-2005, 01:21 AM

You are so wrong I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Kirk
Old 11-15-2005, 02:29 AM

Why are you raising that flop? With position I'd definitely peel one before making a big decision for a lot of chips.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:34 AM

well if i got any more action PF, i'd be out of there, and i wanted to take it down now. And it's not like 2000 is a huge bet there anyway, and i like having the lead in the hand.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:34 AM

I'd like this more if MP had bet, because SB probally isn't leading into people with air.
I like bet/folding the turn here rather than taking a free card. My philosophy generally is: If he can c/r me off my hand with a hand that I beat, well nh sir, but generally he's telling you that you are beat.
Old 11-15-2005, 02:51 AM

I can't imagine calling the river bet on this hand. You think he does this with A8? To clarify, I would call that river bet 0% of the time. (I do like the flop raise, it's just, two overs when I put him on overs isn't a great situation.) Also, if he had a set of eights, this is a very reasonable line.