Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 06:33 PM

Default Re: How often is he full of [censored]?

[ QUOTE ]
You have to be good 1/1 times if you want any chance to do well in this tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you never put all your chips in unnless your 100% you win the pot?

If i somehow knew he bluffed here 40% of the time, i'd call instantly.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You have to be good 1/1 times if you want any chance to do well in this tournament.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you never put all your chips in unnless your 100% you win the pot?

If i somehow knew he bluffed here 40% of the time, i'd call instantly.

[/ QUOTE ]

But its for your TOURNAMENT LIFE!
You can surely find a greater edge later no?
<font color="white"> you shouldn't even have to read this but... SARCASM! </font>
Old 11-13-2005, 06:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
looks a hell of a lot more like a missed draw (and there are a lot of potential ones on this board) than a very strong hand. Hard to put a % on it, but I'd guess like 60% missed draw, 40% he has you beat. Definitely a call though in my opinion.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lets see what "draws" he "should" have ...

45- would he call this utg + 1? Not likley.
A4/A5- would he call a big raise on the flop and a 550 bet on the turn? Not likley.
Diamond Draw- would he call on the flop with just a backdoor flush draw? I dont see this, unless its something like A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], even then ... Not Likley.
Club Draw- This seems like it could be played as a club draw. Much more possible than the former 3. However, most players wont push this spot on a missed draw. Somewhat Likley.

Much more probable that you are facing a set, two pair, a higher T, or something else that beats you.
Old 11-13-2005, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Much more probable that you are facing a set, two pair, a higher T, or something else that beats you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree he's more likely to have a hand here. But the question is how often?

--
5335 if i win
1875 if i fold
325 if i lose

x*5335 + (1-X)*325 = 1875
5335x + 325 -325x = 1875
5010x = 1550
x = 30.9%

So i have to be right here 31% of the time to break even. Am I?

At the time i was pretty confident i would be. and i ran it by my friend (you guys consider that cheating? it sounds like it when i type it out, but doesnt feel like it) and he also thought it looked like i was good there enough.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:09 PM

I think you're looking at this hand all wrong. The question you should be asking is why am I playing tpnk in a multiway unraised pot with tiny blinds so agressively on the flop/turn.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you're looking at this hand all wrong. The question you should be asking is why am I playing tpnk in a multiway unraised pot with tiny blinds so agressively on the flop/turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

So how do you play the hand?
Old 11-13-2005, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't ask that question because the answer's boring. His hand's likely to be good, and there's a flush draw out and plently of scary overcards to fall.
Old 11-13-2005, 07:25 PM

hard to make out what kind of hand he has here,but he must have something, i mean you have show agression and he still bets into you on the river,
of course you could put him on a missed draw but id fold,i tihnk he has a hand here
Old 11-13-2005, 09:42 PM

I play this way when I flop a monster and am playing against a player I know to be aggressive and who will almost always bet at me and keep betting. This works in holdem and I stacked off two players in PLO last night when I had the nut full boat. I think that Harrington calls this "The Hammer" (but I could be wrong). What you are doing is using an aggressive players aggression against him - he can't put you on a hand and then thinks you are bluffing. You can't use this more than once at a table but it can be very effective.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
looks a hell of a lot more like a missed draw (and there are a lot of potential ones on this board) than a very strong hand.

[/ QUOTE ]
you can you give him 60% for a missed draw,
he would have to be very loose agressive to bet a missed draw here after all the agression hero has shown
easy fold i think