Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Re: QQ again

That's the reason I posted this, I mean it feels really tough to fold, I did fold but didn't feel well about it since of course a Q fell on the turn. Wanted sort of a confirmation that I did the right thing.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I did fold but didn't feel well about it since of course a Q fell on the turn. Wanted sort of a confirmation that I did the right thing.

[/ QUOTE ]
what odds were you getting and were they enough to call for your 2-outer? that is your confirmation. if you made this flop call 1000 times over, you would lose money on it. don't let results own your head.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:49 PM

Grunching:

Easy one here. I'm just using this to show off my hipness by working in a Snoop Dogg refrain:

Drop it like it's hot,
Drop it like it's hot,
Drop it like it's hot...

You get the idea.
Old 11-04-2005, 06:52 PM

I think this is an insta-fold -- especially facing a bet and raise, against an UTG who raised pre-flop and a BB who called two bets.

Overcards on the board are never a pleasant site when when you have a premium pocket pair (smaller than Aces, of course).

It's dismaying when the turn would have given you a set. But, you can feel confident that you made the right decision based on the information you had. Not knowing when to fold premium pairs is a costly mistake many people make because they get too attached to them.

I suppose that if UTG showed KK, you would have been even more glad you didn't stick around since that Q on the turn would have cost you even more.

I can't tell you how many times I've folded a hand on the flop, seen my miracle card come on the turn, only to have find out that I would have still been beat (only it would probably have cost me a lot more...)
Old 11-04-2005, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't tell you how many times I've folded a hand on the flop, seen my miracle card come on the turn, only to have find out that I would have still been beat (only it would probably have cost me a lot more...)

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so true.