Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-03-2005, 09:13 AM

Default Help a PokerStars newbie!

Well... Finally created an account at PS and deposited a small amount of $. I mainly play at Party or Prima but decided to give it a shot at Stars since everyone says its the best tourney site. Think I will like the somewhat deeper stacks...

So, a few questions:

1. Which tourneys can you recommend for my small ($200) bankroll? Have in mind that my time is EST + 6 hrs.

2. Which is the easiest way to qualify for the $500K Guaranteed? At Party I do it through the STT's,

TIA!
Old 11-03-2005, 09:17 AM

Default Re: Help a PokerStars newbie!

Stars has a wide variety of tournaments at all times of the day. I wouldn't go above 5$ Mtt's if you're not willing to reload.

To get a seat into the 500k the 3 dollar rebuys are the way to go. They run a few times a day.

Stars is personally my favorite site for tournaments.

Sorry I couldn't give you specific times for tournaments. There should be a schedule on Poker Star's website.

Good luck.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:24 AM

Default Re: Help a PokerStars newbie!

To qualify for the 500k Guarantee I would recommend the 37+3$ Satellites where one in 6 entrants qualify if I remember correctly. It's an easy way to get in but with your bankroll I would go for the $3+rebuy ones. As Jeanie said, there are quite a few each day.

With your bankroll the 5+0,5 and 10+1 MTT's are the most interesting. The 3,3+rebuys with 10,000 guarantee is one of the most interesting tournies on stars since there is alot of rebuys etc. Which adds up to a nice price pool and with alot of new players.