Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 03:01 AM

Default Re: AK oddity

Interesting, I suspected we're a small favorite so I fired up pokerstove and got shocked. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

1,417,787,712 games 1.982 secs 715,331,842 games/sec

Board:
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) / tie (%)

Hand 1: 50.1287 % [ 00.43 00.07 ] { AA-77, AKs-AJs, KQs, AKo-AQo }
Hand 2: 49.8713 % [ 00.43 00.07 ] { AKo }
Old 11-03-2005, 03:02 AM

i think capping decreases our implied odds against 99, TT, JJ, and maybe QQ. like say we get an A or K high flop after we cap before the flop. i feel like he will find folds here much more often than if we call the preflop 3-bet and just lead out on these same flops. it may even cause him to spew chips on these same flops (thinking - "would this guy really bet into me if he actually had it?")

i really hate being forced into leading any flop just because i capped preflop, and then to be forced to make another slim call when he raises my flop bet (because now the pot is like 12 small bets back to me).
Old 11-03-2005, 03:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Interesting, I suspected we're a small favorite so I fired up pokerstove and got shocked. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

1,417,787,712 games 1.982 secs 715,331,842 games/sec

Board:
Dead:

equity (%) win (%) / tie (%)

Hand 1: 50.1287 % [ 00.43 00.07 ] { AA-77, AKs-AJs, KQs, AKo-AQo }
Hand 2: 49.8713 % [ 00.43 00.07 ] { AKo }

[/ QUOTE ]
This range of hands is likely way too large as well, given villain's small, albeit statistically unproven, PFR.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:10 AM

These are good points but I don't really mind having to lead flops heads-up that much. Oftentimes seems to play itself in this game. Another good thing about capping preflop is folding out 99 on QJ boards, etc, but I can also see your point about waiting.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
We're OOP. He's quite tight, espeically by 6 max standards. He's probably positionally aware, and he's in MP, nto button or a blind (especially SB). I don't think we're a big enough favorite against his range, especially OOP, to want to cap. There are a lot of players I will cap this against, and if there was a moran who called 3 cold in the pot paying me off, too, I'd be more inclined to cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

15% raise is decently high for 6-max. If you aren't capping this preflop, are you going to showdown on a rags flop?
Old 11-03-2005, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We're OOP. He's quite tight, espeically by 6 max standards. He's probably positionally aware, and he's in MP, nto button or a blind (especially SB). I don't think we're a big enough favorite against his range, especially OOP, to want to cap. There are a lot of players I will cap this against, and if there was a moran who called 3 cold in the pot paying me off, too, I'd be more inclined to cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

15% raise is decently high for 6-max. If you aren't capping this preflop, are you going to showdown on a rags flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

c/r flop, bet turn to try and fold another AK. If he 3bets flop, call and c/f turn UI. If he raises turn, fold. If he calls flop and turn, c/c or c/f river. I prob c/f.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:21 AM

Default Re: AKo hand

As for the hand, I really like the flop bet. He will often raise here with a weaker Ace in which case you can either call and c/r the turn or just go ahead and 3-bet. I prefer c/r though for the times he's got Ts - Ks.

The turn 3-bet is fine .. you're either splitting or vastly ahead. Once in a blue moon he's got AA but that's not even worth worrying about at this point.

Yeah, checking this river is fine only because it's a Q though.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

c/r flop, bet turn to try and fold another AK. If he 3bets flop, call and c/f turn UI. If he raises turn, fold. If he calls flop and turn, c/c or c/f river. I prob c/f.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it. Also, I'm pretty surprised at those pokerstove numbers. Looks like I'll be playing my AKo OOP against a 3-bet differently [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 11-03-2005, 04:00 AM

mebbe cap pre-flop with AKs against the thinker, but not AKo
eh yeah, checkraise that flop. although if it misses the thinker, he may check behind.
his stop & go is crazy. showdown time..let's see your AA
the check/call is good if he's been bluffing. You may just fold him if you bet out. You need to see his cards, as you said he hasn't shown down yet.

I dunno..
Old 11-03-2005, 05:11 AM

Cap preflop.