Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2005, 11:19 AM

Default Re: Official Guide to Party Poker Rakeback

[ QUOTE ]
Rakeback at Party is not going anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

All they have to do is shut down the trackers and it is dead. Yes there are pain in the ass temporary ways around this but it would be dead for most people who dont want to deal with the crap of getting around it. They have done it before and if people dont use common sense then they will again.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
All they have to do is shut down the trackers and it is dead.

[/ QUOTE ]

You finally picked up on what I wrote.

[ QUOTE ]
They have done it before and if people dont use common sense then they will again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Guess you really don't get it after all. The ONLY reason individual trackers were enabled was so rakeback could be given. Party realized the error of their ways and fixed it.

THEY WANT RAKEBACK! Got it now? The only people who will lose rakeback are AFFILIATES who OPENLY advertise their offers or try to recruit existing players from other affiliates. Comprende?
Old 10-22-2005, 11:37 AM

All I can say is that you are a little more confident in this system and party's unofficial position than I am. I still see this as very shaky and that party is still on the fence about this. I would rather wait 2 months until we knew everything was ok before posts like this are made. I have no problem with your post other than the closing accounts... just the timing.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:39 AM

Anyone who thinks the poker rooms aren't reading messages on 2+2 is simply being naive!

The problem with OPs post is that he is advocating that people close old accounts and create new accounts under a new affiliate....

If everyone did this, the cost would be over $100 million+ in extra affiliate fees paid by Party (this year). Party would not be happy! Additionally, all the affiliates that are actually driving new players to Party would be pissed, because they are losing revenue as well. Double wammy this makes Party and the Affiliates not happy!

Its posts like this that tell people its no big deal to do this that WILL cause more drastic actions by Party!!!
Old 10-22-2005, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
100 million+ in extra affiliate fees paid by Party (this year).

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, if the 30% they pay to affiliates is this much, I wonder how much the 70% of that extra rake they keep is?
Old 10-22-2005, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, if the 30% they pay to affiliates is this much, I wonder how much the 70% of that extra rake they keep is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Note, I said EXTRA, and my estimate was on the conservative side!

Party will rake in close to $1 Billion this year [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Link to 3rd Qtr financials
Old 10-22-2005, 12:58 PM

I don't see how everyone is finding party rakeback so easily, I've talked to several affiliates that I have accounts with and trust, and they simply are not offering it. I wish it would just fall into my lap, but I don't see that happenning.
Old 10-22-2005, 02:50 PM

I think that is because affiliates do not want to draw attention to themselves. So they are only signing up people that are high mgr, and people they trust to not go blabbing about where they get their rakeback. It use to be that an affiliate would have to sell himself/herself to you. But now it's the other way around.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:44 PM

I am new at this, but why do you have to sing up with an affiliate if you are just going to ask Party for a deal when you sing up? What is the affiliate doing for you.
Old 10-22-2005, 04:47 PM

Probably giving you rakeback also, and it's a lot better than that garbage Party gives out.