Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2005, 10:39 PM

Default 74s big blind defense against a 2+2er who got mad at me.

i don't know who this was, but it was funny. whoever you are, you'd been stealing a lot in this situation and i just didn't have the cards to defend. so i took a stand here with one of my favorite hands. postflop was easy.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB (2+2er) raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB (2+2er) caps</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">2+2er bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">2+2er bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">2+2er bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, 2+2er calls.

Final Pot: 11 BB

2+2er: wow...never speak again ep
Old 10-17-2005, 10:40 PM

Default Re: 74s big blind defense against a 2+2er who got mad at me.

What's wrong with calling preflop?
Old 10-17-2005, 10:47 PM

ropflflflllllllllllll owned. thats a sick sick sick river card. should bet/fold that river mr. villain. or check-call so you can see MDs cards and berate him.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:54 PM

Yeah I don't really get it. Postflop is easy as you say and reraising preflop with hands like 74s is a good thing if you don't take it too far. Nice hand.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:54 PM

I hope you told him that he is teh sux.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's wrong with calling preflop?

[/ QUOTE ]
nothing, but i don't think there's anything wrong with reraising as he has tried to steal against me over 50% of the time and i've folded all 5 or 6 times so far with 72o, 42o, etc.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:15 PM

I think I might be missing something here. You are getting frustrated by his constant blind stealing so you make a stand, correct? But you do it with 4-7s, so you obviously are doing it to outplay him post-flop. Unless you put him on 4-6 or less, which is doubtful. So the flop hits relatively well for you. But you don't try to outplay him by raising, you play to hit the draw. The turn opens your draw up a bit more, but you still don't try to raise him. Good for you that you hit your straight, but this does not seem to be a very +EV play. At least if you raise you are representing a hand that he might fold.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:15 PM

3-betting pf tells him you are sick of his stealing, if that's what he's doing.

Did the guy have an A? Was he on a steal this time or did he think that you'd think he'd be stealing? Probably an A-rag steal attempt, I suppose...?

nh.

CrayZee
Old 10-17-2005, 11:20 PM

he capped preflop and the flop came ace high. raising at any point before i make my hand is simply wasting money, because he's not going to fold any pair or any ace.
Old 10-17-2005, 11:28 PM

I understand that raising is just losing more money, but how does that justify calling the draw that you will lose way more than you will win. I'm not saying its wrong, but what's the logic? That you hit one of 4 outs, 8 on the turn? You are clearly only playing for the straight. This seems to be more of the type of play to make in a multi way pot to at least get some odds to call. And if the turn does not give you more outs, do you fold to his bet?