Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2005, 08:53 AM

Default Generic AA3X question

I don't have the exact hand history in front of me, but I played a hand last night that went something like:

A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the SB. 5 limpers and I raise, but not a max raise. I think that's mistake #1. I should have potted it and I only raised about half that. 4 of the 5 limpers call.

Flop is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] giving me the flush draw and the non-nut low. I bet about half the pot. Mistake #2, I think. I should have potted here as well, right?

To sum up the rest of the hand, I lost to a person with junk hitting a running full house, but that's beside the point. I should have potted preflop and on the flop, right? I'm struggling with how NOT to lose a lot on overplayed AA hands.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:10 PM

Default Re: Generic AA3X question

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have the exact hand history in front of me, but I played a hand last night that went something like:

A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] in the SB. 5 limpers and I raise, but not a max raise. I think that's mistake #1. I should have potted it and I only raised about half that. 4 of the 5 limpers call.

Correct, you should have potted it.

Flop is 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] giving me the flush draw and the non-nut low. I bet about half the pot. Mistake #2, I think. I should have potted here as well, right?

Correct again, this is an easy pot. 2nd nut low, nut flush draw, overpair, you have a great flop for your hand. If you are going to play weak with this hand on the flop, you shouldnt play it all. You played it fine and were unlucky. Dont be distracted by ROI thinking.

To sum up the rest of the hand, I lost to a person with junk hitting a running full house, but that's beside the point. I should have potted preflop and on the flop, right? I'm struggling with how NOT to lose a lot on overplayed AA hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-13-2005, 05:02 PM

Default Re: Generic AA3X question

Def. bet big here each time.