Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 08:38 PM

Default Re: 54 of hearts - should I call preflop?

[ QUOTE ]
yeah, i called.

now what?

Party Poker 0.01/0.02 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero ... ?

[/ QUOTE ]
My first thought is to get out as fast as possible. But you're getting 11:1 (and yeah, it could be re-raised), the pot's ginormous and everyone else probably has big cards. Still you're really only worried about JJ here and the flush draw (And UTG and Button both seem to have big pairs, making the flush draw less scary). Anything else you have a very live draw against.

I'd call again. I'd feel funny doing it, but that's what I'd do.
Old 10-08-2005, 08:46 PM

well i called there, too. the turn is a no brainer decision now that we have a gutshot, so onto the river.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (17 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (15.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero ... ?
Old 10-08-2005, 09:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well i called there, too. the turn is a no brainer decision now that we have a gutshot, so onto the river.

SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (12.50 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (15.50 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero ... ?

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, pretty nice outcome. I'd rather've seen the 4 but I'll take the 5.

I'm pretty sure you're ahead here and I'm pretty sure Button will bet his overpair. It depends on whether or not he'd put you on a flush draw or a 6 and check behind -- but I'm guessing they're not thinking at that level at .00000001/.00000002.

So I'd try for a check-raise and call a 3-bet. If you have a read that button's more timid than most, then just lead out.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero ... ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet and (hopefully) trap UTG for a bet.

If you check, Button may check behind, which sucks.

If he does bet and you check-raise, UTG is almost certainly not calling 2 bets, so you only win 2BB.

If he does bet and you just call, UTG may decide not to overcall, and you only win 1BB.

If you bet, UTG will probably make a crying call, as will Button (or he'll raise and you can 3-bet), and you win at least 2BB.
Old 10-09-2005, 02:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hero ... ?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you bet, UTG will probably make a crying call, as will Button (or he'll raise and you can 3-bet), and you win at least 2BB.

[/ QUOTE ]
i really don't think it would ever be right to bet and 3-bet this river.
Old 10-09-2005, 03:24 AM

Here is what I'd do (not that it matters)

- Call preflop, duh

- Fold the flop

- Check the river

Edited to add that if you do bet the river, you almost surely have to fold to a raise.
Old 10-09-2005, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i really don't think it would ever be right to bet and 3-bet this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, 3-betting is too much, but you don't like a bet? While one of the villains could have something like AJ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (and i suppose UTG could have KQ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] or something and bet the flop for value with his flush draw + overs), there are a lot of hands that don't contain 2 spades that fit here.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Here is what I'd do (not that it matters)

- Call preflop, duh

- Fold the flop

- Check the river

Edited to add that if you do bet the river, you almost surely have to fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why fold the flop getting 22:2 to call ?
Old 10-09-2005, 06:56 AM

bet/fold the river. the flop is sketchy...
Old 10-09-2005, 09:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
- Call preflop, duh

- Fold the flop

- Check the river

[/ QUOTE ]
Your hand is very weak on this flop. 3rd pair, no kicker. 2 flush flop, not your suit. Two players like their hand. Two back to you. Chance of getting three-bet. 11:1 is not good enough compensation. Release.