Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 10-08-2005, 11:00 PM

Default Re: PokerStars and Rakeback

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even lots of really solid players just had their bottom line cut by thousands of dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should anyone that doesn't have rakeback care? You rakeback collectors were smart, no doubt. However you are taking money out of the pockets of players who do not have rakeback. Or do you not understand that?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't; how were rakeback collectors taking money from those that do not have rakeback?

[/ QUOTE ]

in the grand scheme of things if a site gives a bunch of people their money back other customers will have to be charged more

[/ QUOTE ]

Party Poker is run on a 1995 Mac by 3 Arabs named Khaleel, Dashiki, and Robitsayu. There is no grand scheme of things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea why this is funny, but I'm laughign right now.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't; how were rakeback collectors taking money from those that do not have rakeback?

[/ QUOTE ]

Every online poker room sets aside a certain amount or percentage of money for marketing. This includes bringing new fish to the sites, general deposit bonuses, money added to tournaments and so on.

For any rake they lose to affilliates that is less money available for the other promotions I mentioned above which are available to nearly everyone.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker is run on a 1995 Mac by 3 Arabs named Khaleel, Dashiki, and Robitsayu. There is no grand scheme of things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Line of the night.
Old 10-08-2005, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Even lots of really solid players just had their bottom line cut by thousands of dollars.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why should anyone that doesn't have rakeback care? You rakeback collectors were smart, no doubt. However you are taking money out of the pockets of players who do not have rakeback. Or do you not understand that?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

in the grand scheme of things if a site gives a bunch of people their money back other customers will have to be charged more

[/ QUOTE ]

Whats the difference if the affiliate keeps it all or if they give their referrals a cut of it? There isn't one.