Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-29-2005, 10:39 PM

Default $55 odd high blind hand

I think this is an interesting hand. First the set up and then I will tell you what I had and the outcome.

Seat 2: villian/button (3945)
Seat 4: hero/bb (no sb this hand)(1295)
Seat 5: utg (1245)
Seat 7: mp1(1255)
Seat 8: mp2 (1845)
Seat 9: co (415)
hero posts big blind (150)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Dhd7mQ [ ?, ? ]
utg limps <font color="red"> [?,?] </font>
mp1 folds.
mp2 limps <font color="red"> [?,?] </font>
co folds
villian raises (700) to 700 <font color="red"> [?,?] </font>

What do the three players have and why?

Reads: The notes I have for the Villian read: "min raiser. high blind limper with cheese." I had no notes on the utg limper in the hand but he had limped a few other high blind hands. The mp2's limp looked like threw me as I would have folded or raised in his spot, but he had played fairly solid.

Any thoughts appreciated,

Ryan
Old 09-30-2005, 04:01 PM

Default bumb

bump
Old 09-30-2005, 05:21 PM

Default Re: $55 odd high blind hand

Is this for real?
Old 09-30-2005, 05:47 PM

UTG has KK or AA.
MP2 has KQ or AT or TT-99
Button: figures either UTG has a monster or a weak hand he doesn't want to lost much to and figures the same for MP2. So he's going to put in a raise and find out. If someone comes over the top of him, he'll probably be pot committed to call but can get away if he has garbage.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this for real?

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you mean?

Ryan
Old 09-30-2005, 06:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this for real?

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you mean?

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

He means with the amount of information you've given us, any answers we give to your question would be, at best, a wild guess. These sound like very unpredictable players, you haven't even given us YOUR hole cards, nor do we have any action on the flop with which to make judgments about what these players have. All we have is two limps and the big stack raising a little less than 5xBB. What do they have? They have two cards in front of them. I'm 100% sure.
Old 09-30-2005, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[Quote]

Is this for real?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
how do you mean?

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
He means with the amount of information you've given us, any answers we give to your question would be, at best, a wild guess. These sound like very unpredictable players, you haven't even given us YOUR hole cards, nor do we have any action on the flop with which to make judgments about what these players have. All we have is two limps and the big stack raising a little less than 5xBB. What do they have? They have two cards in front of them. I'm 100% sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I gave you all the information I had at the time. Additionally, why does it matter what I had? The hand (as the heading states) is odd no matter what I had. Moreover, I think this is a great puzzle. figure it out if you can!

Ryan
Old 09-30-2005, 09:50 PM

Ummm, two bananas and a cucumber? But that's just a wild stab in the dark. I'm not 100% sure.
Old 09-30-2005, 10:58 PM

All three players is in the "any two"-range, being attracted by the chips in the pot.

And now please tell how you could know that utg had JJ, limper 88, and bigstack 27o, and u managed to isolate the 27o with your 39o isolationreraise.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually, I gave you all the information I had at the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, at the time you had your own hole cards and you didn't give us that information.

[ QUOTE ]
Additionally, why does it matter what I had?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because, since you have us stabbing the in the f'ing dark, it'd be good to eliminate your two hole cards from our wild guesses.

[ QUOTE ]
The hand (as the heading states) is odd no matter what I had. Moreover, I think this is a great puzzle. figure it out if you can!

[/ QUOTE ]

You have given us NO reason to believe this hand is odd. With the information we have, this hand looks thoroughly standard in every way. Lots of people limp early in high-blind situations in the 55's. Lots of big stacks raise ~5xBB on the button. There is no reason for us to a) think this hand is odd, or b) have any educated guesses on what any of the participants have. If you want people to practice their clairvoyance, then this is a reasonable way to test their skills. If you want people to provide poker expertise to help educate yourself on how to be a better player, you're simply going to have to post hands with more real-world relevance to "putting people on a hand." Hellmuth, Chan, Lederer, and Ivey would and could all see your original post and still say, "my guess is that the people involved in these hands had two cards...and those two cards were different cards from whichever two you had in front of you." Sure, we could take wild guesses like, UTG had a low pocket pair, caller had AJo, and raiser had AA. Or it could be that UTG was limping aces, caller had K6s and was hoping for a flush draw, and raiser had TT. Who KNOWS? With this complete lack of information on the TOTAL action of the hand, your question is akin to saying, "I decided today that I wanted tuna instead of turkey...guess why?"

IJJUT.