Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 02:02 PM

Default Re: What do you do for a living ?

college student

was engineering, now it's [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

but probably acting or communications
Old 09-16-2005, 02:09 PM

I think I'm the only 2+2er with some kind of medical degree. I'm an Athletic Trainer. NOT a gym teacher, NOT a personal trainer, NOT a physical therapist. For those who don't know, an Athletic Trainer is the guy on tv that runs onto the field when players get injured and take care of them on a daily basis.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:11 PM

Mechanical Engineering
Old 09-16-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm the only 2+2er with some kind of medical degree.

[/ QUOTE ]
Wow, this is so not even close. Matt Flynn is a doctor. And let's guess what surfdoc's profession is... I'm sure there are tons of others.

[ QUOTE ]
For those who don't know, an Athletic Trainer is the guy on tv that runs onto the field when players get injured and take care of them on a daily basis.

[/ QUOTE ]
Does it suck when you have to 'work out' a guy's groin pull? Cause I saw some dude on TV working on Deion Sanders a few years ago and figured that must be the worst job in the world.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Does it suck when you have to 'work out' a guy's groin pull? Cause I saw some dude on TV working on Deion Sanders a few years ago and figured that must be the worst job in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

depends. I worked briefly with the NFL and will never do it again. They work 90 hr weeks and rarely get even a day off while traveling a ton. I work at a high school avging 32 hrs/week traveling only with varsity football 5 times/year and make about the same as the assistant for the Patriots.

"working out" a groin pull is what massage therapists do. If Deion Sanders asked me to I'd kick him in the balls and quit.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, this is so not even close. Matt Flynn is a doctor. And let's guess what surfdoc's profession is... I'm sure there are tons of others.

[/ QUOTE ]

what kind of doctor is Matt Flynn/surfdoc?
Old 09-16-2005, 02:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what kind of doctor is Matt Flynn/surfdoc?

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel a little weird discussing other people, but since my knowledge only comes from reading these boards, I guess it's okay. Anyways, MF is a dermatologist and surfdoc works in an ER, but I'm not sure what his specialty is.
Old 09-16-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm the only 2+2er with some kind of medical degree. I'm an Athletic Trainer. NOT a gym teacher, NOT a personal trainer, NOT a physical therapist. For those who don't know, an Athletic Trainer is the guy on tv that runs onto the field when players get injured and take care of them on a daily basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you're the dude who carries water and a sponge?
Old 09-16-2005, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
surfdoc works in an ER, but I'm not sure what his specialty is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm guessing he's and ER doctor. Otherwise he'd have to be a radiologist.
Old 09-16-2005, 03:21 PM

That is a very important job.