Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 08-30-2005, 05:43 AM

Default I bloat the pot, get cr all in.

This is from memory, but close enough.

I have another similar hand I thought was an easier decision than this one, can post if enough interest.

PP 400 max 6 people

All effective stacks at 400.

Bad UTG raises min, 2 mediocre players call, I make it 34 on the button with TT. Sb(only decent player calls!?)

So do UTG and 1 mediocre player.

About 150 in the pot, flop 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Checked to 3rd player who best 75, I minraise!?, sb cr all in, 3rd player fold, I????

About 750 In the pot, 200ish for me to call, Am I committed, is my minraise good?
Old 08-30-2005, 06:21 AM

Default Re: I bloat the pot, get cr all in.

thats pretty horrible (the situation).
Gotta call and hope he has A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] or similar.
I dont like the minraise though, either smooth call or push it in.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:24 AM

Save 50BB's and fold. I think your up against either a set or an overpair either of which you don't have odds to outdraw.
Old 08-30-2005, 10:35 AM

there is no way your tens are good here, fold.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:14 PM

I really hated my spot when 3rd player bet 75 spot, my hand was too vulnerable to just call, but any raise more than min and I'm 100% committed, and probably drawing to 2 outs when anyone calls.

I was most afraid of Sb having JJ or QQ here, kings or aces probably raise preflop. Set was possible, but it would have made more sense to bet out on flop since the other two players were so bad, they might call with anything, and then I would be in perhaps an even worse spot.

I ended up calling the end(though I hated it) because a flush draw plays it this way.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:23 PM

did you win or lose?
Old 08-30-2005, 04:28 PM

If you are planning to call a push from the SB you would be better off raising all in yourself. You can probably blow him off of JJ like this also your minraise gives great odds to the SB if he was leading with a flush draw.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:36 PM

Your min raise sucks, your preflop raise I dont really like that much and this should be an easy fold except for the fact that you are getting sick odds with what could be the best hand and has some suckout potential when you're behind. So I probably call because I can't force myself to fold an overpair in this situation getting these odds but I really don't like how you played this hand. You just set yourself up to be put in a bad situation like this.

Edit: If you have T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] I think it makes this a definite call. If you don't, it is still a call, though, IMO, although close.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:42 PM

Preflop 90% of time I'm getting it heads up with a very bad player or taking the dead money in the pot.

I don't like my flop play either, but you have a better alternative?

I'm beginning to think pushing is best, since it eliminates the flush draw cr, and might fold QQ or JJ from the Sb. Plus if Sb folds, 3rd player might call with his weak 9.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop 90% of time I'm getting it heads up with a very bad player or taking the dead money in the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]
This has to be a joke. UTG min-raiser has to call $26 more into a $58 pot. He is calling almost always. And once he calls, the next guy has to call $26 into a $84 pot in which he will have position on a terrible player. No way he folds 90% of the time. And it's only worse for you with the third guy. If you want to re-raise here, $45-50 is the play. But personally, I hate the re-raise. What do you do when UTG then bumps it up to $150 and you end up folding your TT preflop instead of just calling his min-raise and having a chance to bust his AA. I did that once and had to fold and of course the flop comes Txx and AA stacks KK and I never re-raise TT in that situation ever again.

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like my flop play either, but you have a better alternative?

[/ QUOTE ]
Flat call looks good to me. You have a very marginal hand. I probably call and dump it to a raise.