Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2005, 03:58 PM

Default Re: Party Skins Down?

Not likely to be connection problems: multipoker was down for a bit here in the uk.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:11 PM

Since you brought it back up...

I was in 2 tourneys when I was disconnected. Both tournies finished without me being able to access them. I was on the bubble in both when disconnected, but ended up taking 3rd in one.

It took me about 15 minutes on the phone, but they refunded my buy-in for the tournament I busted out of. It showed up in my account as a "Goodwill Gusture" (Yes, Spelled that way).
Old 08-16-2005, 04:14 PM

this made me laugh hysterically. "goodwill gusture"??? gotta love it.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:24 PM

What number did you call? They have not replied to my emails about this for 2 days. This customer service is really awful... I get totally blinded away in a couple tournies due to this crap and not even a recognition of my email for 2+ days???
Old 08-18-2005, 08:01 PM

1-800-852-4719

Call 1: Customer service rep claimed they were having no problems with their server and it was my internet connection, therefore, they couldn't refund me because my tournaments finished. I explained to him that when I was disconnected from Party Poker I pinged my ISP and various websites to makes ure it wasn't my ISP. He still took a stance that they can't refund me. I explained that I posted to an internet forum and about 8 players said they were having problems at the same time. He tried to tell me it was coincedence. I told him a donkey could realize that coincedence couldn't explain that. I then asked him if there was anyone I could talk to who had any idea what they were talking about because I don't pay thousands of dollars in tournament fees to get crappy service.

Call 2: Transfered to "Supervisor." I give brief explanation to supervisor. He says he will talk to the technicians and to call back in 5-6 hours after he can determine the problem.

Call 3: Explain problem to whoever answered. I gave him the tournament numbers. He put me on hold for about 10 minutes. I said I would accept the money for the 3rd place I sucked out in one of my two tournaments (although I would have taken 2nd or higher). He said he would replace the buyin for the other tournament.

PM if you have any other questions.

Travis