Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 08-07-2005, 05:22 PM

Default Party or Eurobet?

Background: I'm done with my bad whoring experience and I'm ready to throw $500 and start humping away at $.50/$1 (yes it's excessive, but most people seem to believe that going to $1/2 is a big leap so I'll wait till $700 for that). I hope to play 20,000 to 30,000 hands in a year (as in, from now to this time next year).

Question here is: Should i deposit into Eurobet or Party? Here are the pros and cons I see to each:

Eurobet
Pros: Nicer color scheme (unimportant). rakeback (probably very important). Shares ring games with Party so that's not an issue.
Cons: Crappier support. Apparently a weird cashier system. Most importantly, no MTTs (which I like to play once or twice a week, just for kicks). Vaguely French. Do hand histories work with the converter?

Party
Pros: It's Party. Can get free PT through PokerSourceOnline (and maybe Rounders and Copags later [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]). Better deposit bonus. Has the MTTs. No European Unity bullshit.
Cons: Ugly color scheme. No rakeback.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated. (x-posted)
Old 08-07-2005, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Party or Eurobet?

I would go with Party first to pad the old bankroll. I would definately get an affiliate deal at EB, and also Empire (see classifieds).
Old 08-07-2005, 05:36 PM

What's "European Unity bullshit"?
EB has MTTs, too. Everyday a freeroll into the 20k sunday tournament. Maybe they have fewer MTTs than party, but they definitly have some.
I didn't follow the discussion in detail, but i think EB doesn't send emails to customers stating that PT is a cheat.
Rakeback is very important. Period.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's "European Unity bullshit"?
EB has MTTs, too. Everyday a freeroll into the 20k sunday tournament. Maybe they have fewer MTTs than party, but they definitly have some.
I didn't follow the discussion in detail, but i think EB doesn't send emails to customers stating that PT is a cheat.
Rakeback is very important. Period.

[/ QUOTE ]

The European Unity thing was a joke [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone.

I must have been misinformed--the info I've heard is that EB doesn't offer ANY MTTs (seemed kind of strange anyway).

Were you implying that Party sends emails to its users saying PT is cheating? I hadn't heard of that.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:43 PM

I got a rakeback on Empire and think it is cool. I will hit party's reloads every month, but 95% of my play is on Empire. Plus they have a decent selection of MTT's and the tourney players suck hard. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

rakeback=cool

PS pokermods.com i think it is, to change the table layout.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:43 PM

Some mails state that PT & GT+ is ok, some state it's not ok. I think most mails state that PokerEdge is not ok. I didn't heard of any mails from EB, so that's a plus for them.
I'm not offended, i was just wondering... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-07-2005, 05:55 PM

I've never had an account on Eurobet, but FWIW I like Empire. Good base color scheme (although mods can easily fix that on any skin), decent customer support, and a decent MTT schedule that's been getting better lately. On the negative side, it seems like they do reload bonuses less often than Party, and the MTT selection is nowhere near as good as Party's (although much of the difference is in high buy-in MTTs, which are a bit much for a $500 bankroll [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]).
Old 08-07-2005, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some mails state that PT & GT+ is ok, some state it's not ok.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't worry, as those emails that say HUDs and PT are not kosher are wrong. PokerEdge is outlawed though you are right. But the ambigiouity over PT and HUDs is simply due to the comically extreme incompetance of Party's customer support, not any policy.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:03 PM

This raises another good question: What about Empire? Is that a better alternative?
Old 08-07-2005, 06:05 PM

How about Empire? Better MTTs, and rakeback to boot.

Although the best solution right now seems to be:
1) Deposit in Party for bonus. Once cleared,
2) Withdrawal & Deposit into Empire or Eurobet for rakeback
3) Redeposit in Party for reload bonuses
etc.

Does that look good