Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 08-05-2005, 06:38 AM

Default $15/$30 in NYC...Spewing chips?

15/30 game. Game has been pretty tight until a few new players come in. UTG is a dealer at this club and is overall very bad. One of the types who is aggressive with no made hand and strangely passive with a made hand. UTG + 1 is loose aggressive overall, but postflop he has moments where he is strangely passive.

Preflop: UTG limps, UTG + 1 raises, I 3-bet from the small blind with As Qd, both call.

Flop: Jd 10c 8d. I lead. UTG raises, UTG +1 3 bets, I cap it, both call.

Turn: 4d. I lead.

Comments?
Old 08-05-2005, 06:54 AM

Default Re: $15/$30 in NYC...Spewing chips?

preflop: re-raising an ep raiser w/ aqo is pretty frisky, but like you said, he is a LAG, and you want to knockout the utg limper (though i doubt that's happening), so you're doing it for value i guess...

i hate capping the flop.. there's no way your hand is currently good, and i doubt you're pushing either of them off a j or t.. just call and go from there... i also think it's wrong to lead the turn... sure, you have a pretty good draw, but you could also be drawing dead.. why bet and let someone raise (thus costing you 2 bets) when you can see the river for one fewer bet?
Old 08-05-2005, 07:47 AM

mind telling me where the club is? im 20, am i able to enter?

not a fan of the flop cap because it causes you to lead the turn which is just a losing play. you arent taking this pot down.
Old 08-05-2005, 08:19 AM

Just call the flop 3-bet and look to get a checkraise in if you make your hand on the turn. Your hand certainly needs improvement and being raised on the turn would both suck and blow.

Jeff
Old 08-05-2005, 09:37 AM

3 betting Preflop OOP doesn't seem right vs 2 aggressive players, but it's close. I don't think it's worth it just to knock out the BB. Jamming on the flop doesn't seem right vs 2 opponents since your A & Q outs may not be any good. Anyway, that's how I see it. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 08-05-2005, 09:50 AM

Was this from the half omaha-half hold'em game???
Old 08-05-2005, 09:50 AM

Default You might be able to get in . . .

but when Roman and Maurice start their game you're gonna wish you were still at T-stone.

TSP
Old 08-05-2005, 02:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
3 betting Preflop OOP doesn't seem right vs 2 aggressive players, but it's close. I don't think it's worth it just to knock out the BB. Jamming on the flop doesn't seem right vs 2 opponents since your A & Q outs may not be any good. Anyway, that's how I see it. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

When a fish limps and a lag raises, i think not 3 betting from the small blind is a huge mistake
Old 08-05-2005, 05:34 PM

Default Results

River comes some complete blank. Checked to the preflop raiser who bets, I fold, utg calls. Preflop raiser shows 98, UTG turns over KK!