Old 07-27-2005, 10:00 AM

Default Re: Dunkin\' Donuts sucks

[ QUOTE ]
Dunkin Donuts rules

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn I want a donut!
Old 07-27-2005, 10:13 AM

I don't eat donuts, but I have a problem with the Dunkin Donuts franchise near me. They [censored] up the order at the drive-thru every freakin' time. Seriously. They're batting .000. I get the same thing every time: 2 meduim iced, skim milk, shot of espresso. One for me, one for the Warden. How hard is it not to put sugar or cream in a cup of iced coffee?

So I decided to forego the drive-thru and go into the place to order. They still [censored] it up. Retarts.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:14 AM

Dunkins hot coffee is the Budweiser of coffees, IMO - watery, weak and tough on the bowels, and vastly overrated by its legion of consumers. The iced coffee can be OK sometimes, and terrible other times. Cumberland Farms stores have some of the best coffee IMO.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dunkins hot coffee is the Budweiser of coffees, IMO - watery, weak and tough on the bowels, and vastly overrated by its legion of consumers. The iced coffee can be OK sometimes, and terrible other times. Cumberland Farms stores have some of the best coffee IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dunkin Donuts hot coffee is not that good, but Starbucks is worse.

I've always thought Wawa had some of the best hot coffee on the East Coast.

On the West Coast, the answer is clearly Peet's coffee with one of their pecan bars.

scrub
Old 07-27-2005, 08:11 PM

Word, Cumby's makes some good coffee.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:23 PM

That's bad, but the glazed donut at DD blows away KK
Old 07-27-2005, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Tacking on to the current "What to do in Atlanta.." thread:

When I lived near the Ponce de Leon Krispy Kreme, I used to stop in on my way home from partying from time to time (OK, all the friggin' time). I got so well known to the ladies on the line, they would make me hot chocolate glazed. OMFG. I came very near never being able to see my penis again.

As an aside, Atlanteens know that Ponce is a dicey part of town at best... but the KK at four in the morning is one of the safest places in town. Yes, you know why. There's always some of Atlanta's finest hanging around the store.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love DD, Choclate on Choclate Cake. There are about a billion donut shops in Houston, Shipley's is the name place its ok. I gave up donuts, but I love these things they have here Kolache, Mornings Kolache is the spot, so so dope. I am gonna get osem Ham and swiss tomorrow.

I a bum attempted to mug me at that South Trust ATM by that KK on Ponce.

We hit that KK alot heading back from partying when I lived in Inman Park.

Good Times.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:45 PM

the literal trough of iced coffee that you get when you order a medium makes a lack of finer jelly acceptable. Try bavarian creme instead, sooooooo delicious.

BTW, I am a girl and yes I can see my feet
Old 07-27-2005, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't eat donuts, but I have a problem with the Dunkin Donuts franchise near me. They [censored] up the order at the drive-thru every freakin' time. Seriously. They're batting .000. I get the same thing every time: 2 meduim iced, skim milk, shot of espresso. One for me, one for the Warden. How hard is it not to put sugar or cream in a cup of iced coffee?

So I decided to forego the drive-thru and go into the place to order. They still [censored] it up. Retarts.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the norm for Dunks, your order will not be correct if it is more than one coffee about 75% of the time. This number jumps to 90% at the drive-thru.

Of the chain coffee choices, Dunks is one of the better options, not to say they have good coffee though.