Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2005, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Stacked?

[ QUOTE ]
I think they use the poki poker bot, which is supposedly pretty good at shorthanded play. Also, I'm not sure as well why someone would want to purchase a poker video game when they can just play online.

[/ QUOTE ]

#1 It has a different feel than online poker, and better graphics, which people do care about.
#2 You can play without worrying about losing $$$, and play somewhat realistically. You cannot do that in play money games; they just don;t play anywhere near real poker.
#3 Some people may not have a computer but have a game system.
#4 Many people don't know about other commercially available training software produsts.
#5 Some people are poker junkies, and but most anything related to poker.
#6 It allows you to play with your friends on the same system from the same place at the same time.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:28 PM

Additionally, the better programs should let you examine specific situations and repeatedly play them, without changing the results that you would have gotten (i.e. it doesn't "learn" and adjust to what you are doing, while you are repeating a situation).

Software is like good poker books- you can just skim them and learn a little or spend some time with them, do a lot of thinking and analysis at your own pace and learn to apply those lessons in the heat of battle.

Just like many poker books, software has its limitations and difficulties as well. Just like digesting poker books, you have to apply your own intelligence to what information you are receiving.

Learning to play poker is much more effective away from the action; playing experience is what sharpens the lessons and really brings them home.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:23 AM

Is this only for hold em?
Old 07-07-2005, 11:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What about the Kids, the 12- 19 crowed that wants their parents to by this for them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose this would be a resonable exception. A 12 year old would probably enjoy this game and it might actually be useful.

[ QUOTE ]
What about all the people out there, that just don’t trust the Internet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a pretty silly excuse for playing poker video games, but I guess it has some validity.