Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2005, 02:15 PM

Default What do you think of this hand?

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.5. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, UTG+1 (poster) checks, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (13 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (17 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds.

River: (24 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 26 BB

MHIG
Old 06-02-2005, 02:35 PM

Default Re: What do you think of this hand?

Take the free showdown.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:37 PM

I wish you wouldn't have told me that YHIG. I would have told you that raising the turn when UTG+2 wakes up on an overcard to your PP is maniacal when you supplied no read.

Edit: Also, as Nick said, take the free SD.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:39 PM

*grunching*
Strange,

Preflop: Fine
flop:I call the 3bet(hes 3betting a straight? set?)
Turn: Odd, He bets you raise he folds - I call the raise dont 3bet.
River: Check/call if bet into, Bet if they dont. Fine.

Thanks what i do,

The Flop raise makes me thinks Set/Straight(maybe draw from Agg player)

Turn: Ace, ANyone holding one beats you - Utg bets into you so im calling.

River fine, Wonder if you won from this?

Edit: Didnt see "MHIG" you dont post this - Anyhow unedited post remains same i dont raise a better with an overcard turns.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:43 PM

Preflop: good

Flop: BBs limp raise is very confusing. I still probably cap this though I might simply call.

Turn: Not sure here. UTG+2's bet is a little scary and the pot is so big I'm not sure what we're protecting against at this point (by raising). I might simply call (showdown mode). Though I can respect the raise too. This pot is huge and we can't let a strange bet freeze us up (because if he's not betting an ace then there are A TON of hands we'd probably like to see fold).

River: I am BETTING this. You have to consider who is still in. I think I've been ahead of these two (SB and BB) from the start and I think I probably still am. BET.

Overall I think your line is pretty good.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:02 PM

Weird turn action. I started typing this thinking I didn't like the turn raise, but UTG+2's bet is just so odd. SB bet out the flop, but then called every time action was back to him. BB's call/reraise suggests flush draw if he's a decent player.

When SB and BB both just call the turn action and UTG+2 folds, I like the river bet. The T didn't help either of them, and I somehow get the impression SB was overplaying a 6 or mid pocket pair.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:28 PM

Next time don't tell me the results.

Nice hand. I don't think you could play it any better.

-----------------------------

Ok, now I read everyone else's comments.

I think it's absolutely necessary that your raise the turn. You must raise to increase your winning chances. So what if utg+2 made a strange bet when the A fell. People do that sometimes as a bluff to see how you'll react. Anyone who didn't raise this turn has a huge leak.

Also, I like your river value bet.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:32 PM

I think it's absolutely necessary that we raise the turn. We must raise to increase your winning chances. So what if utg+2 made a strange bet when the A fell. People do that sometimes as a bluff to see how you'll react. Anyone who didn't raise this turn has a huge leak.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:35 PM

I have a leak [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Probably causes by seeing 0.05/.10 micro players calling preflop with Ax, JJ losing numerous times, UTG waking up when A Turns.

See results i guess, But i think were behind.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:36 PM

I like the river value bet once UTG+2 folded to your raise. But raising the turn, Man I dont know... although with the pot so large.. that is a tough one.

Wish you didnt post results so I had a more honest reaction to this lol.