Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2005, 06:28 AM

Default Re: What would you do?

[ QUOTE ]
you fold here Brad?

The way this hand came down...yeah. It is pretty easy to see that he has a flush in this spot since the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] is going to give him 2-pair just about never.

Even if he could any 2-pair, set or any flush in this spot...we need about 8:1 in a HU spot to call here and then call the river if we improve. The 3rd player in the pot makes things worse for us if he does have two pair since we might outdraw the BB but still lose to a rivered flush from the other guy. But it IMO that we are getting check/raised by a flush way more often then Bayes suggests (there are 45 ways that he can hold a flush and about that many that he can have a set/2pair).

Brad

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok then. But if I've been at the table for less than two orbits or it's been longer than that but this is my first raised hand then I'm calling down anyways.

Note: Since I tend to jump around tables a lot it's more important for me to develop a table image early. I don't want that image to be one who can be scared off by a turn check/raise.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:34 AM

You give the low limit player too much credit.
They will very rarely pick something like that up,
and will use it in the wrong situations anyways.

I folded the hand here, so did the other guy.
I was pretty sure I was beat, though I usually don't like laying down TP in a big pot like that against two.
Old 05-22-2005, 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You give the low limit player too much credit.
They will very rarely pick something like that up,
and will use it in the wrong situations anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe so but if you fold to a turn C/R from me then I'm making a note on you and you're gonna see it again. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2005, 07:05 AM

If BB is normally passive, especially out of the blinds, there is a good chance I am folding here with the caller in between.

Plus if you are behind your KQ[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] outs are troubling.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:17 AM

Grunching:

I had to look at your post, because I have seen your replies to other people and they always seem to be good. So at the risk of being told why I am wrong......

BB has c/r the turn into 2 players, one of whom is the PF and flop raiser. He seems to be representing the flush, although I suppose that he could have slowplayed a set of 6s or 9s on the flop.

The pot is offering almost 11:1 and you have 5 outs to improve, but your outs are not clean. Even the Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] may not win if the flush is out.

So I can see no alternative to folding here. And yes your play was fine until then.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:56 PM

> What would you do here, and why?

Same thing you did. Preflop raise is to fold Ace-rags and to find out if there is an AA, KK, QQ, or maybe get an inkling if there is an AK out there. You might suspect one of those hands if you get reraised.

> Until [the turn], it's fine is it?

That's the way I'd play it. I can't think of any other better way.

&gt; Turn: (6.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (third spade) <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero ?

Absent a read, I call it down because I have top pair, second best kicker - and Villain could be semi-bluffing with one spade.