Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 05-05-2005, 01:03 PM

Default Re: Stupid rivercall or following the right read?

I didnt put him on anything. He raises huge when he's getting 4-flushes and has previously raised all-in with nothing. He's originally a 1000 NL player who has got out of line ALOT.

I just wanted to see if this was so crazy against any random. I just cant see him having either the flush or a higher set since he bets both very aggressively.
I just couldnt believe this large raise on the river. His % of wins going to showdown is less than 2% [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
He was blowing off steam I guess.
Old 05-05-2005, 02:32 PM

Okay, then I think a call is mandatory here. I just didn't know what read you were following. Good explanation of your read - this could/should go in the original post, though.

-Trail
Old 05-06-2005, 11:47 AM

Hard to get a read with the given information.

The river raise size looks very strange in this situation. I have a lot of players in my notes that I would fold in a heartbeat, and a lot of players that I would call in a heartbeat.

If this were the first hand at the table, no reads whatsoever, I would probably lay it down - but then again, I would have most likely raised a bit more on the turn - so I wouldn't be as fearful of the backdoor flush.

Gojacketz