Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 04-01-2005, 03:58 AM

Default Getting desperate for help

Well I feel like I've hit rock bottom. After winning consistently for a year at 15/30 (about 1.9 BB/100 hands, up 170K for 10 months) I had a 600 BB downturn that I posted about in January. Since then I've played break even poker only for 8 weeks, and now this week I'm down 200 more BB's. My gut tells me I'm just running real bad, but my brain tells me that I can't possibly run this bad for this long. On the other hand how did my game just suddenly fall apart?

Anyone willing to review some hand histories for me and offer advice?
Old 04-01-2005, 04:07 AM

Default Re: Getting desperate for help

given the amount you've contributed to these forums I think most posters, including me, would be more than willing to give you a hand.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:39 AM

David,

Many people in the past have pointed out things in your game that you need to fix. You have in the past admitted that you think some of these things might not be optimal poker, but you choose to play these hands/situations anyway. Have you eliminated all of the things people have pointed out as leaks already? If not, this streak is not any surprise, and that's where you need to start.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:44 AM

You're too loose, too passive, and far too straightforward. And you make some very bad cold-calls. This isn't me slamming you, just reminding you what the problems. Tighten up, quit being the first cold-caller for a bit, and see what happens.
Old 04-01-2005, 04:52 AM

Right now you must be in a mood where you play "scared poker". No good, especially not at hyperaggro party 15-30. Why don't you try another (softer) game for a while? Change handle, make some more plays. Get your confidence back! /v
Old 04-01-2005, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
And you make some very bad cold-calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is still the case in David's game, I am not at all surprised by this post.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And you make some very bad cold-calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

If that is still the case in David's game, I am not at all surprised by this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to be fair, I haven't played with him extremely recently but last time I did, yes.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:09 AM

In addition to what bicyclekick already said, your table selection sucks. IMHO, not moving from a table once it's turned sour is a sign of laziness. And I see you continuing to sit at bad tables all the time....
Old 04-01-2005, 05:27 AM

You are too in love with hands like JQs. I have seen you cold call 3 with it in something like EP3. Best of luck.
Old 04-01-2005, 05:40 AM

David, this is getting sort of old. You keep getting great advice, and it doesn't seem like you're willing to put the work in to get better. Over 10 weeks or so and 800BBs, you've made exactly 1 post in the Mid-high forum. What do you do in terms of studying/analysis this days?

My advice to you? Start writing again. You have a lot of insanely good poker minds out there at your disposal if you just swallow your pride and put your game on display for better or worse.