Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2005, 06:30 PM

Default Re: 15 30 Live hand...

[ QUOTE ]
What if I get 3 bet on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

uh, you call...you have the 2nd nut flush draw...which is another reason why raising is bad.

-Barron
Old 02-04-2005, 06:32 PM

oops...didn't see you hit 2 pair on the river...good bet after being checked to as you now beat all other 2 pairs

-Barron
Old 02-04-2005, 06:39 PM

Given the action to this point in the hand the turn raise makes little sense... it doesn't appear to be for value or a bluff since it is highly unlikely (read: 0%) he is going to fold.

Looks like you scared him into thinking you have a better hand than you actually do though...but you might as well bet the river since you just caught up to K9/K2s or a limped AK but I would not be surprised to see 22.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good live 15 30 game...

UTG is the villain in this hand. I haven't played with him very much but he seems to be a typical loose passive player. He limps UTG. Four others limp and I limp in cutoff with KcTc. Small blind completes, big blind checks.

Flop: Ks 9s 2c. Checked to UTG who bets. UTG + 1 calls. I raise, UTG three bets, UTG + 1 folds, I call.

Turn: 3c. UTG bets, I raise, UTG calls. (this is where I thought I messed up)

River: Ts. UTG checks and I bet....

Comments, especially my turn play, would be greatly appreciated.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

on the flop, it may even be correct to fold, but your play is not bad and if it is a mistkae its a relatively small one....

[/ QUOTE ]

Folding that flop would be ridiculous.
Old 02-04-2005, 07:26 PM

The raise on the turn was a bad idea. I don't necessarily think you have the lead at that point. But you did it, and that's one way to buy yourself a checkdown on the river. And that's what I would have done; take a free showdown. You open yourself up to a C/R. I won't be too surprised if he shows you a set of nines.

bill
Old 02-05-2005, 10:02 AM

Default Results

Guy shows me K9o and I take it down. I can see that everyone hated my turn raise. I hated it too since there was 0% chance that the guy was going to fold.