Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2004, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Who Will Win The Election?

Anyone who thinks Kerry has even a slight chance of winning is kidding themselves. He is way too liberal. Can you say George McGovern? How about Michael Dukakis? They were running close in the polls the whole campaign but got shellacked in November. Expect more of the same. This is just my objective opinion. I won't be voting for either of these men.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:41 PM

Common sense tells us that we're likely to have a massive Democratic vote turnout in Florida...as retribution for 2000's "voting disaster". But as I'll say again, Dem's lost handily in 2002's mid-term, the earliest opportunity angry Democratic voters had for revenge. This should not be discounted. The "angry backlash vote" never happened.

Jeb's 56%-43% win is not a good sign in that state for Dems, and means much more than any current poll.

BTW - polls are about as valuable in predicting this thing as a 7-2 offsuit under the gun.
Old 08-27-2004, 01:52 AM

The most widely known fact about George H.W. Bush in the 1992 election was that he hated broccoli. 86% of likely voters in that election knew that the Bushes' dog's name was Millie; only 15% knew that Bush and Clinton both favored the death penalty. 70% of Americans cannot name their senators or congresssman. 49% believe the President has the power to suspend the Constitution.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The most widely known fact about George H.W. Bush in the 1992 election was that he hated broccoli. 86% of likely voters in that election knew that the Bushes' dog's name was Millie; only 15% knew that Bush and Clinton both favored the death penalty. 70% of Americans cannot name their senators or congresssman. 49% believe the President has the power to suspend the Constitution.

[/ QUOTE ]

That’s why I never trust polls until after the World Series. A few people start to think about things then but just a few.

Andy, I think we could take over and run this country don't you? We are both 50 years old and have enough juice left for one more push into the stormy seas of fame and imbecility. It's a no brainier as the young folk say. With your wit and my engaging charm it would be a walk.

We could resurrect the old Roman custom of government and have two Consuls run the country. You could take the reins the majority of time, I would spend most of my time partying with Ukrainian babes and hobnobbing with Asian cuties (or more appropriately, having my nob hobbed by Asian cuties). But that’s just a sidebar.

I plan to start drinking early on election day – then go vote, then go fishing or hiking or skiing depending on the weather, slurping from a bottle of whisky the whole day. With any luck, I won’t know the outcome until the next day.

America - We Kick Ass. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img][img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-Zeno
Old 08-27-2004, 06:13 AM

I'm impressed that 30% of us can name our senators or congressmen. Go America!
Old 08-27-2004, 06:41 AM

This guy is pro Kerry, He updates his map daily, and according to him Bush is starting to gain ground.

Stu
Old 08-27-2004, 08:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
The first problem with being informed when it comes to politics is that there is too much misinformation to sort through. Another is that whatever knowledge you had about it is outdated 6 months down the line. A third is that politics is a bunch of bullshit anyhow. The last problem I'll mention is that if I knew my Senator's name, I'd just have one more person to be disgusted with.

~D
Old 08-27-2004, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This guy is pro Kerry

[/ QUOTE ]

I was fooled once and voted for Bush last time.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:09 PM

Sounds like a plan. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-27-2004, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bush will cheat. Kerry is toast

[/ QUOTE ]

Like how so?