Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2004, 10:31 PM

Default The Answer

was given by boris. a hell of a home game player. to this day some of my best memories are calling all my chips with aq on an ace-little-little board for something like $40 knowing for sure he had the set and not caring one damn bit. i did that two weeks running and busted his sets of eights twice. we had sam and sierra and a scrub apple tree to piss on so you could eat and pee at the same time, and natedogg had luck like a three-legged one-eared dog. life was good. 'course boris'll deny rememberin' the beats just like he can't remember dolly (clone my as s), but thems was the days.

god bless home games.

in a real game, well, i quote bobby hoff every time this comes up: "you couldn't put a gun to my head and get me to call." a man worth listening to closely.

matt
Old 06-25-2004, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Baby NL Home game. Call all-in with QQ?

I think there is an even better chance you are a big favorite or a small favorite and not a big dog. . .

I think most guys look at JJ and TT the same way some of us look at KK and AA. . . IMO you call and laugh as he flips his JJ face up. . . .
Old 06-25-2004, 02:49 AM

maybe. "aggressive but not crazy" to me means "dont make a huge overbet preflop with JJ-TT etc." but i have a problem with assuming that people are tighter than they are.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:54 AM

Default Re: The Answer

Dolly has much love to give. Make sure you're third in line.

[ QUOTE ]
...boris. a hell of a home game player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love you man. I think that'll be my epitaph.
Old 06-25-2004, 05:09 PM

You're leaving out the times that he's going to be a big favorite(JJ and TT), which, according to his read, are just as likely as the times he will be a big dog. Furthermore, as someone else said, the all-in seems like a "go away" bet,something he's probably not making with AA or KK.