Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-29-2005, 04:54 AM

Default Re: Daniel Craig as the new James Bond.

I reckon he'll do fine - I just hope they stick to a simple, slick story where he can think, fight, luv up the ladies, and show how damn clever and cool he is. If there's one word that defines Bond, even above cool, it's 'capable'. They got to show he's really, really capable of doing his thing.

I just hope they make him both brutal (like Connery shooting the unarmed guy stone dead in Dr No), a thinking man as well as an action man (like Connery in Goldfinger), able to be down and still work his way out (connery in From Russia with Love), and the coolest mofo alive (like Connery, full stop! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

As for Brosnan, he could have been really, really awesome - remember how he looked at the beginning of 'Tomorrow Never Dies' in the plane yard with the missiles - very, very cool and doing the business - but scripts and stuff didn't work out. And I thought he was no.2 in the Bond pantheon behind Connery myself (Lazenby is 3rd!)
Old 12-29-2005, 04:58 AM

what is with all the racist [censored]? if i were bond, i would be tough. bond isn't tough. he just get slucky. he's like a [censored] fish that never runs bad. i would be like, go ahead, [censored] shoot me. i don't cfare. the bullets would bounce off. then i would go rip out their throats with my teeth. how is that? how is that for a bond? who is tougher than that? [censored] you pierce brosnan. your good looks won't stop me from ripping your throat oput.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

For what its worth in my opinion Craig looks more like the Bond depicted in the books.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your opinion is wrong, then, because Craig looks nothing like the Bond described by Fleming.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:22 AM

I think Craig would do a great job, but as always, its going to come down to the script. Finding out that they are changing the setting from a bacarrat game vs. Le Chiffre to a Texas Hold'em tournament is a big red flag, for example. I'm fully expecting this film to suck.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

For what its worth in my opinion Craig looks more like the Bond depicted in the books.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your opinion is wrong, then, because Craig looks nothing like the Bond described by Fleming.

[/ QUOTE ]
In the books, one of the women describes him like 'Hoagy Carmichael' but crueller, and with darker hair, or something like that.

Here's Hoagy:

Old 12-29-2005, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
In the books, one of the women describes him like 'Hoagy Carmichael' but crueller, and with darker hair, or something like that.

Here's Hoagy:

[/ QUOTE ]
Right. He certainly does not have red/blonde hair and blue eyes. He has jet black hair, a faint scar, and grey eyes.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think Craig would do a great job, but as always, its going to come down to the script. Finding out that they are changing the setting from a bacarrat game vs. Le Chiffre to a Texas Hold'em tournament is a big red flag, for example. I'm fully expecting this film to suck.

[/ QUOTE ]
David Suchet (of Poirot) is in the frame from Le Chiffre (but he could be one of many).

He'd be a good Le Chiffre IMHO.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:37 AM

I'm one of the few who actually thinks Timothy Dalton was a great Bond. Manly, suave,cool under fire but not a cartoon. He was unfortunately stuck with some of the worst Bond storylines ever.

IMO it's Connery>Dalton>Brosnan>Lazenby>Moore.

And Craig looks like a good addition.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm one of the few who actually thinks Timothy Dalton was a great Bond. Manly, suave,cool under fire but not a cartoon. He was unfortunately stuck with some of the worst Bond storylines ever.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto. You put Dalton in "From Russia With Love", and public opinion of him would increase tenfold.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto. You put Dalton in "From Russia With Love", and public opinion of him would increase tenfold.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree with the opinion that Dalton could have been an awesome Bond too.

I think Dalton and Brosnan were both quite good, though I prefer Brosnan, and were let down by the ridiculously complex and comic-book plotting that really wasn't worth following. All the films of both of these are worth watching though.

What do people think is the worst Bond film? It'd have to be 'Diamonds Are Forever' (how could they blow a Connery/Vegas film and make it look a dull place, huh?), or maybe 'View to a Kill' for me. I think.