Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-02-2005, 06:26 AM

Default Re: PFKAOK at 45k Final Table

9 each and play for the rest......how is that a good deal for pfkaok?
Old 12-02-2005, 06:27 AM

yah how is that good? its only 1.5K better than getting second place. and i know 1.5K is peanuts to him...
Old 12-02-2005, 06:30 AM

8525 + 2250 = 10775.

That's assumin ghe wins heads up 75% of the time, which sounds about right.

So, it's better than 10500, but yea i agree, could probably do better.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:23 AM

Congrats on the finish, now a few comments.

I don't see the importance of you just guarenteeing yourself $1500 more dollars in case you do finish second. Im not sure of your exact chip count and chip lead, it wasn't monumental chip lead but decent none the less. Of course one double up and hes on top. My thought is that you should work out a chip deal in this situation that guarentees that you take more money. And why not do a chip count chop here?

Also, I don't like how at stars the rail can influence deal making. I heard people telling Pfaok that he should not do a chip count, and that he is X times better than this guy and that he is X times the favorite. Let these guys work out something between themselves. Pfaoak suggest 10.5K for himself and the rail jumped on his ass. Im not sure if that fair or not, but this deal did cost him about $1500. At partypoker when you all agree to deal, it takes you to a chat page and only the players can chat. I think this is ideal.

Disclaimer is of course I suck at art and strategy of dealmaking. but my main gripe is that rail should not interfere.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:28 AM

we jumped on him for 10.5k because that wasn't even a chipcount chop, he was giving some to the shorter guy, and we're sure he didnt mean to do that.

but yea i agree, if you want to leave some money on the table, atleast guarantee some more for yourself. Like, 8500 for him 9500 for you and play for the rest.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:42 AM

Yeah. I did't do the math at first and i was getting pretty tired when i said 10.5k. i would have taken 10.8 for sure.

but thanks for the support guys. always nice to have sweat. wish i coulda pulled it off, but he was playing pretty tough HU, and I felt a little sloppy as i was at the tailend of a very long session. just a letdown b/c i felt like i was still very sharp for most of the FT play. i made a few overly cautious folds but felt in pretty good control.

And of course running REALLY hot helps.

Seriously, this past week i've ran hotter than i can ever remember. and i've played several hundrededs of thousands of hands in the past year and half or so. In the past week, i've only played 24 NLHE MTTs, and have:

2nd out of 1279(tonite)
1st out of 376($30 6max)
3rd out of 636($30 last nite)
3rd out of 782($10+ 1 rebuy)
3rd out of 68($109 Double Shootout)
18th out of 450(party 35k today)
58th out of 1136(party super today)
23rd out of 247($100 stars today)

I also have a few bubbles, and have been running quite well in Party SNGs.

I know this isn't near what sirio had a bit ago, but i've never had anything like it before. its fun.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Like, 8500 for him 9500 for you and play for the rest.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes. i really should have done something like this, and after the deal was set i realized that i screwed up. easily cost myself a few hunderd $'s EV with that blunder. at least its something to learn from.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:15 PM

I was too busy getting drunk last night to sweat, wish I could have seen it, CONGRATS pal!
~Justin