Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 11-30-2005, 08:14 AM

Default Re: I don\'t lay down this one. Leak?

I wouldn't bet the river. Qc is a very ugly card.
Except that I would have played the same.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
SB has been raising half of his hands up until now. He's been pretty straight forward postflop. My preflop call is wrong too.

Party Poker 1.00/2.00 Hold'em <font color="#0000FF">(10 handed)</font> link

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (8.00 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: (5.00 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (7.00 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.00 BB.

[/ QUOTE ]

grunch:

You shouldn't lay it down, even if the C/R on the end says that you're likely beat, and beaten badly.

I suppose that he had QQ. The cards to the flush are irrelevant. You have Ac, and the queen and ten are on the board. What combination of clubs could he have that he'd raise with preflop from the SB? KJc is the only vaguely real possibility, and I wouldn't give it much credence. Same reasoning for the straight possibility.

My guess is that he was dealt QQ, raised PF, and then from the flop called down assuming that you had hit a weak ace, but caught his queen on the river.

This reasoning stems from your title though. I'd say something else if you hadn't given the impression that you lost [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2005, 09:43 AM

Aside from preflop, I play it the same.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:20 AM

Preflop: I happily isolate the UTG limper.

River: I don't bet this river UNLESS I'm prepared to fold to a checkraise.