Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-22-2005, 11:08 PM

Default Re: Final table stars $55+ rebuys with AK

[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't necessarily put chip leader on a mid pocket pair. Probably any raising hand, 88-AA, AJ-AK, KQ. Since he is the aggro chip leader he doesn't have to have a big hand. I don't like the minireraise though. It is more normal to flat call or push. The minireraise is likely a strong hand such as AK, or JJ-AA. It looks like he wants to charge people but wants action.

I am usually one to gamble and play aggressively late in a tournament. However, you are in 2nd place and have an expectation of a good payout. I think doubling up less than doubles your payout.

Given the stage of the tournament and stack sizes and the minireraise, I might fold. This might be the best strategic move. I think this is push/fold. I wouldn't flat call the chip leader.

[/ QUOTE ]

folding here is atrocious. utg has something like a top 50% hand and utg+1 will often have A8/KT/etc in this spot. calling is tricky b/c you're out of position with a small side pot and very likely the best hand, even if you miss.

pushing is great. you often get a-i against a much worse utg hand with a ton of dead money (and a small side that you steal), and if big stack wants to make a loose call with AJ, fine.

if you fold this, it's a massive leak. making money in mtt's is not about folding into 4th. it's about winning tournaments. also note that if you bust here, utg is probably busting also and yo uget 5th. and you only have a small lead on 3rd-5th, so it's not like you can wait two hands for them to all bust.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:21 PM

All-in baby, calling is bad, and folding is worse.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
folding here is atrocious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, for all the same reasons.

This means a lot of hands, not a big pairs only.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:27 PM

i shoved.

utg had 22

chipleader called with QQ

i spiked an ace but lost to chipleaders rivered 4 flush.

i pushed because i was confident i had the best hand out of me and CL. apparently i didnt, but his activeness led me to think i did. i also have minimal experience in these spots so i felt like getting my chips in with AK was a good idea.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:28 PM

yikes, i was considering folding this, but then i saw this is 6 handed. I'm absolutely pushing here.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
chipleader called with QQ

[/ QUOTE ]

I had a feeling the minireraise was a big hand.

I am not saying fold into 4th. Just play cautiously now and more aggressively once others bust. Taking an even gamble to double up is not EV+.