Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-17-2005, 05:10 PM

Default Re: Commerce 10/20 - Bad Call with Bottom Set?

I agree with nearly everything you said. And that's exactly why I got the call - b/c as I said in OP - he knows I screw around some - so yeah, I'm fine with getting a call there - I just wouldn't have made the call myself - given all of the other factors.

On the running it multiple times thing - When I know I'm way ahead, I'll run it as many times as I can, right? He said he'd run it once or twice, I chose twice.

Tell me why this is wrong.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:13 PM

It really depends on how he views you and how disiplined he realy is and how the table dynamic is when this hand took place.

For example if there has been a lot (even a few) of "air play" from you and the table, he likely thinks his set is ahead against pair+FD or two pair plus the FD and your push on the turn only would reenforce that view of you, making his call risky but one that many players would make if they were confident in their read.

I think the key here is the flop RR and the turn push. Many players will think you have TP+FD here and not realistically consider a middle/small flush. Well played.

If he has been running cold or felt he made some bad laydowns recently, then this might all be tilt. If it was tilt, I hope you stacked him later. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Bottom line he mis read you and made bad calls.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:14 PM

Of course you run it as many times as possible. Running it twice, or three or more times does not change your EV in the slightest, it just reduces variance. That is a good thing.

The only argument that I've heard against running it multiple times is if you are in a max buyin game and are looking to double up to cover the table.