Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2005, 03:47 PM

Default Find a fold in the madness?

The table got ultra laggy when some unpredictable players sat down a few hands ago. I'll do reads as they come up in the hand; there's a lot of them.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $1. UTG+1 posts a blind of $1.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 (poster) checks, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

With two posters in front of me checking, I think this is an ok limp.

Flop: (13 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

I 3-bet with probably the best hand on an unfortunately draw-heavy board.
SB is unpredictable player, raising any PP preflop, only calling with high cards. Insensitive to postion. Postflop, he goes ballistic with the PP's, moderately aggressive with high cards. Despite this, he's only 24/6/1 (over just 33 hands). BB just sat down a hand ago. Button's cap caught me off guard. I think WPT watching him, a bad high school no limit player stuck in a limit game. Can't value his hands for [censored]. 48/11/3.

Turn: (16.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Even though it helps all straight draws, all the aggression on the flop makes me doubt there's a straight out there. Surprised I didn't get check-raised.

River: (21.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Well, no flush is out, and the only straight this completes would have hit on the turn (JT). SB's betting out is odd, and I have to beat another caller. Am I good 1 in 10 here?
Old 10-02-2005, 03:51 PM

Default Re: Find a fold in the madness?

SB has AQ or something and BB A9? i think you're good here often enough and you could probably raise in my opinion, folding to a 3bet. SB isn't raising anything that hit 2 pair and only QQ hitting a set beats you. BB's flop raise and then...nothing...makes me think we have him beat, too. I think it's likely he raised the flop w/ top pair and that SB raised AQ pf.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:53 PM

I like it. However, you failed to indicate what happens with button. With button (flop capper) left to act behind me, I'm not looking for any more overcalls, and am likely raising this. But I find no fault with howy ou played the rest of the hand.
Old 10-02-2005, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The table got ultra laggy when some unpredictable players sat down a few hands ago. I'll do reads as they come up in the hand; there's a lot of them.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 max, 8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $1. UTG+1 posts a blind of $1.
UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 (poster) checks, Hero calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls, Button calls.

With two posters in front of me checking, I think this is an ok limp.

Flop: (13 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, Hero calls.

I 3-bet with probably the best hand on an unfortunately draw-heavy board.
SB is unpredictable player, raising any PP preflop, only calling with high cards. Insensitive to postion. Postflop, he goes ballistic with the PP's, moderately aggressive with high cards. Despite this, he's only 24/6/1 (over just 33 hands). BB just sat down a hand ago. Button's cap caught me off guard. I think WPT watching him, a bad high school no limit player stuck in a limit game. Can't value his hands for [censored]. 48/11/3.

Turn: (16.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Even though it helps all straight draws, all the aggression on the flop makes me doubt there's a straight out there. Surprised I didn't get check-raised.

River: (21.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG folds, Hero calls.

Well, no flush is out, and the only straight this completes would have hit on the turn (JT). SB's betting out is odd, and I have to beat another caller. Am I good 1 in 10 here?

[/ QUOTE ]

What about waiting for a safe card on the turn to raise?
Old 10-02-2005, 03:55 PM

Hero doesn't fear all that many cards since he has two pair. If it was a single overpair of T's or something, then yes. Here, his equity on the flop is much too large to wait, I think.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero doesn't fear all that many cards since he has two pair. If it was a single overpair of T's or something, then yes. Here, his equity on the flop is much too large to wait, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesnt fear all that many cards? there's 2 to a flush and 2 to a straight with 6 people to the flop. Also, I could be wrong here but I would think that there's more value in raising the turn on a blank than raising the flop. By 3 betting the flop you're giving anyone with an oesd or a flush draw 6-1 on their call, so they're calling anyways. If you just call on the flop you'd be giving everyone 9-1 on their call so insuficiant odds to call with a gutshot. By raising on the flop it also kills your action on the big streets. Notice how it got checked to him on the turn? Forgive me if I'm coming off rudely, I'm just trying to contribute more to this forum.