Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 11:12 PM

Default Re: What I did

[ QUOTE ]
I bet 200 into the 360 pot on the flop. I had decided I was playing this for all my chips if I had to, so if he had AK I didn't want to give him the free card, but he just called me.

Turn was a low blank and I checked, and he checked behind. River was my Q and I bet 300 and he folded.

I think I really butchered this since I had every chance of going broke, but very little of making much, unless he had me and I sucked out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes this is basically what I said. The idea is that you have to determine what % of the time they will bet with AK anyway. If its a high %, then you should check. Without any knowledge of the opponent, Id probably check because I think that they will bet it a good portion of the time, although I feel that the difference isn't very signifigant in this example.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:28 PM

Think about it.

If you are willing to go get all ur chips in, why check the turn. I dont get it. Its not like he's going to be bluffing here after calling ur flop bet. But there is a chance one of the many scare cards come. So basically ur check means:

1) he checks behind worse hands like AT or whatever

2) he bets better hands and u call it off.

Yes, you butchered it.

-Jason
Old 09-12-2005, 11:33 PM

Default Re: Play this flop for me

If your original raise was 45-60, I think I just fold PF - there is no shame in being weak to a reraise with no read. Once I hit this flop, though, I'm CR'ing it or bet/3 betting, and there's no way I check the turn if he just calls.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:40 PM

turn check bad