Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2005, 10:08 AM

Default Top 2 Checkraised

Only have 20 hands on villian, he's played 2, raised 0 and hasn't shown down.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.20 BB
Old 08-26-2005, 10:14 AM

Default Re: Top 2 Checkraised

Close. 90% of the time he's got TT or AK here. Since there's a chance (albeit very small) that he folds AK to a river raise and a chance (somewhat greater) that he 3 bets TT to a river raise, I'd vote for just calling.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:16 AM

played fine. Your usually hammered here but have enough effective odds to call down.

Krishan
Old 08-26-2005, 02:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
played fine. Your usually hammered here but have enough effective odds to call down.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-26-2005, 02:56 PM

Based on your description of the villan I am putting him on a big hand, AA, KK, QQ, JJ, TT, AK, AQ....

Flop - So on the flop you are behind AQ, KK, JJ, or TT. Considering you have the a K and a J, I would decrease his possible holdings of KK or JJ. That leaves us with AA, QQ, TT, AK, and AQ. I think that it is safe to say that he is betting the flop with any of those with the possible holdings.

So lets say you have 4 outs to a FH, and 4 outs to the nut straight, and 1.25 outs for the BD flush. that is 9.25 outs to improve on your already very good 2 pair, I think that I am capping the flop. This will also give some strenght reading moving forward.

Turn - if he opens the turn after you cap, then I would slow down, unless you hit one of your outs, then I would pour on the gas. As you played it, I think that I would raise and then 3-bet, then if he caps again slow down on the river.

River - If you hit an out, hit the gas (although a 4 to a flush does you no good here, so you were down to 8 outs). Otherwise based on your read and other action on the hand I call down, which is what you did.

Margon &lt;-- really bad, so advice is likely stinky.