Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 08-22-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Too tight??

I was afraid of the 2 open pairs... Thoughts?

7 Card Stud High ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (hand converter)

3rd Street - (0.70 SB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 3: xx xx Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 4: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 6: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls___calls

4th Street - (5.10 SB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks

5th Street - (2.55 BB)

Hero: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (5.55 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 8: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds

River - (7.55 BB)

Seat 5: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: 7.55 BB
Old 08-22-2005, 09:07 PM

Default Re: Too tight??

Egads.

I see no reason to believe that you're beaten on this hand. I would have bet double on fourth, and I would probably have raised on fifth. I'm certainly not folding. The open Nines have an open pair, but it isn't his door card. The open Fours checked on fourth and failed to raise on fifth. I see no reason why anyone has to have trips. More than likely, no one has anything more than two pair, and you beat almost every two-pair hand.

If you had been in at sixth and hadn't filled, though, I might be a tad nervous. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2005, 09:52 PM

Yeah, this one is a little too tight. The paired 4 hasn't done anything to indicate trips. You're most likely against two people with two pair, and you probably have the best of it. I like raising for value here, since I think you're more than 50% to win. If you'd prefer, check/call it down--but folding is too tight.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:30 AM

I agree with the others.
It is strange that seat 7 checked 4th and then called 5th when he apparently caught an unhelpful card. But he’s probably just clueless. And hell, your cards are live, so if someone does have you beat you’ll just have to suck out… [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-23-2005, 11:16 AM

I'm double-betting fourth with my split aces and a multiway pot. If he has trips, so be it. After checking, you have under-represente4d your hand severely and there is no way you can fold aces up on fifth. Horrible, horrible fold.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:28 AM

So when I read this thread I was pretty surprised that people said this fold was bad

The I saw that you had 2 pair.

Yeah, I call this down. Besides you have 4 live outs, and you've seen a bunch of cards. So those outs are more likely then just the number 4 suggests.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:41 AM

Frappe, I just realize you had two pair here. Ya, I would probably raise or call. If you're behind, you've got outs. Like jon said, four pretty live outs.
Old 08-23-2005, 01:00 PM

...and your 7s and Aces are live, making you about 4-1 to fill in two cards (since you've seen 17 cards). Just an awfully played hand.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:11 PM

Well, you handled third street fine.

The rest = ???????????????????????????????????????

Perhaps your time of the month. Hey, everyone has a lapse now and then.

Since you posted this, perhaps you thought the play was ok. What was your reasoning for not betting 4th and folding 5th? We all await eagerly to hear.
Old 08-23-2005, 05:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

If you had been in at sixth and hadn't filled, though, I might be a tad nervous. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who in the world would be nervous about those boards on 6th? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]