Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2005, 08:35 PM

Default 15 30 online

6 max game. Unknown button in this hand, but seems to be slightly loose aggressive from what ive seen after about 30 or so hands.

Preflop: Folded to button who raises. I 3 bet from the small blind with KsJc. BB folds, button caps, I call.

Flop: Kh 9c 5c. I check call.

Turn: 2h. Check call.

River: Ah. Check call.

Right?
Old 08-08-2005, 08:40 PM

Default Re: 15 30 online

You need to raise on either te flop or turn. You have top pair decent kicker, short-handed. You probably have a good deal of hands which the button will raise with beaten. Against an unknown who appears, I would likelly, check-call then check raise. The other acceptable line is check-raise flop and then bet the turn.

As for the river, you have to check call since you have no info on where you are int he hand and he will likely bet a much widen range of hands than he calls with here.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:44 PM

you don't think taking that line is a little too aggressive against someone who capped preflop?
Old 08-08-2005, 08:48 PM

there are alot of hands that a good shorthanded player caps with that you beat. AQ, AJ, AT, QQ, JJ, TT, and maybe even medium pairs as well.AA, KK and AK, KQ are the most likely hands that you don't beat. And many players might just flat call with AA, KK and AK to try to get some more action on later streets.

Remember, he knows that you know that he doesnt need a big hand to raise on the button with so he could cap with a wide range just to try to take control.

Additionally, if you 3-bet a hand, hit it, and then dont put a raise in, you are likely going to get run over in the long-run in this game.

Admittedly, if you have more history on this guy and know he isn't as LAGGY as most good players then maybe a check-call is appropriate, but will not information you need to get more bets in until the river.